• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Davy Energy compressors: Has anyone tried them?

Davy Energy sells Chinese made compressors from Florida and on Amazon. Prices include shipping and Amazon's additional satisfaction or return support, but Amazon's a couple hundred more. Has anyone tried them? I don't want to pioneer another unproven air solution. I don't know how many stages or much else. It has at least one water separator but I don't know the size. Davy sells some pretty good separators and filters but I don't know if those are included on this compressor. 

I found some published stats that indicate 4 stages, a separator and a filter but I see no reviews by air-gunners.

SCU60S AIR Technical Data:

• Charging rate: 60 l/min, 2 cfm
  • Working pressure: 300 bar/4500psi
  • Driven by: Electric motor
  • Power-1: 2.2kw, 220v/50hz, 110v/60hz, single phase
  • Dimensions: 35-36-40 cm
  • Weight: 40kg / 80 lbs
  • Noise: 75 db(A)
  • Stages and cylinders: 4
  • Lubricate: hiri150 oil
  • Oil/moisture separator: 1
  • Filtration: 1 molecular sieve and active carbon
  • Relief valve: 1 last stage
  • Filling tank at same time: 1
  • Auto stop: Yes

A few years back when I was researching Bauer, Mako and a few other high end compressors, I found that several "compressor" companies contracted with Davey MFG in China to build the lower units on their compressors. Basically they acted as a foundry to build the lower housings. Don't know if this is the same company or not, but if you follow the high pressure compressor industry many companies change business partners all the time to mfg different parts of their compressors like we change brands of pellets sometimes. Seems sometimes it's to find the best mfg of a part or a cheaper cost of production. Does not mean they are bad, but just means we have so much research to do. ;-)