• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dang, his head popped!

DaveG

Apr 1, 2015
I set up a lower powered .25 (shooting JSB kings at 600fps) to use for removal of some of the chipmunk population around the property. I hit this one today at right around 25 yards, and could literally see his head explode (through the scope) when the pellet made impact.

The pellet struck him just above the eye, and exited his rump above his right leg. The head is completely emptied out from the looks of it. 

Seems as though the pellet created enough pressure (on impact) to blow his brain right out the top/back of his head. He was sitting on top of the log, and I was above him by several feet, so the angle of the shot was actually downward on his body. Looked like it was in slow mo when the pellet hit, as the chippy kind of flipped up as his head exploded, and then flopped to the side. His back feet where twitching, but not enough to dislodge him from his position. I could see the stuff erupt from his head, but had no idea it was everything he had in there ;-)