• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cut Foam in Cases

A nice trick to cutting foam is a scrollsaw, not the jig- saber saw but a floor model. Using a #5 spiral you can get some exact cuts. Scrollsaw clubs are pretty common, a google search will reveal clubs in your area. I had a problem with a case and the side turret. It left a noticeable dimple in the foam. I took the 27mm socket for the Cricket gauge removal, made a couple of turns and plucked out the circle. Another trick is use a holesaw and drill it in reverse as not to tear the foam.

Hi guys. Good info. In the very near future I will be attempting to cut out the foam in my rifle case. I have a roto-zip. I think it might cut the foam pretty good, but I'll have to make a test run first.Question: Are you using the existing foam that comes with the case? and if so how are you cutting the depth? Or do you order 2 piece foam for the top and 2 piece foam for the bottom, make your cuts, then glue them together?