• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crown saver & patch or Swab-its for Smooth Twist barrels?

I use a crown saver also because it's the best dang pull thru that I've ever seen ... you can make your patches just as tight as you want to and don't have to worry about the loop breakin' . For patches I use Napier Rifle Clean it's super absorbent and just a few patches will get everything in the bore. Sometimes I will put a little Ballistol on the Napier patches and it usually does a banged up job on my Impact.

Hi all, 

I just want to invite you to try our Swab-its® Bore-Whips™. I do think we're better than the competition and we're offering a 10% off coupon for you to try our products if you use airgun at the checkout screen at bore-tips.com.

What makes are products better?
  • Lint free
  • No metal
  • Solvent and lubricant friendly
  • Washable and reusable (lasts almost forever)
  • Our Bore-Whips can do the .177, .204, .22 and our bore-tips a can do the .25 and 9mm.
  • Neon color handles double as empty chamber indicators
  • 45 inches in length
  • Tight 360 degree bore fit which expands into the rifle ( rifling is at the very end of the barrel.
    • 360 degree bore coverage means even coating of the smooth bore for reduced friction.
  • No more folding of patches
 If you have any type of feedback on our products I would be more than happy to hear it!

Reactions: POWERSHIFT93
59d3f14b0ccfed59a468d896b6ae6e23.jpg

​I went back to a carbon rod Gunslick in .17 with a nylon patch end. Then brass end can have a piece of heat shrink around that part to have zero metal touching. I got tired of the LDC catching my cord.