• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Crown Mk2 Velocity issue

Hi, Crown Mk2. 22cal only couple of weeks old, straight out of box. My velocities are all over the place. Basically on my reg guage its set at 110-115bar. If I fire a shot then the reg guage drops to 100 bar. Then I fire another shot and the guage might jump to 120bar or it might stay at 100bar again until I fire another shot. Its like the reg is letting in different amounts of air. Only sometimes you can hear that squele of the plenunm filling up, other times you can't.chrono matches this jump on the gauge as speeds range from 820fps to 915fps show up in the shot string. Any ideas what to look for, has anybody had similar issues?
Screenshot_20220524-203017_FX Radar.1653435566.jpg

The gun is new, barrel needs polishing, reg to settle in, all moving parts are free flowing. 

My Crown mk2 .25 came tested for the jsb 25.39 Kings by the technician at Utah Airguns. Reg pressure 115 , power wheel 24 max on transfer port. Velocity of pellet 879 fps. With a little work , I found with the reg at 138 , tp at medium, power wheel at 15 , velocity 877 , produced groups 11.41mm ctc. I did adjust the internal pre-load maxed out at 24 pw 1/2 turn back. 

Ted has a really good video on tuning his Crown. Good video to watch.

One thing, new regulators in the Crown mk2 allow for decreasing without having to dump the air .

Hope this helps,

Mike