• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Crown 500mm superior heavy barrel

Thought I would maybe add a bit to this subject. 

The gun was and is set at 140 bar for the 380mm barrel. This will be my pellet rifle but wanted to have the option of slugs.

So purchased the 500mm heavy with the huma dual port,

Cleaned the barrel and polished with JB 100 stokes, like 50 to 80 patches with several cleaners.

Mounted barrel and WOW 1000 fps with the JSB 18.13 I was shooting. I shot 90 rounds at 31 yards mostly for the FPS but was targeting also.

Have a 5-20x ATN on it and we are not talking BR scope here. Almost all speeds from 677 to 1000 did change POI average 1/4 to 3/8 inch

but would have easily dusted a varmint.

1/4 to 1/8 groups. Now the 21 gr slugs at 17-22 port setting max 800 FPD at .30 840, now the good part only 2 5 shot groups but all but one little hole and

with a good optical scope this shows what I want for varmints. I do have a M3 on order that will be set for high speed slug and should shoot pellets well also.

I will have a 4-14 nightforce and the ATN for this gun and a 8-32 NightForce on the Impact.