• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crossman PellOil subsitute for CO2 cylinders

I've used RWS Chamber Lube on my CO2 cartridges before.

https://www.umarexusa.com/what-kind-of-oil-should-i-use-
Just FYI, in the first paragraph they make the following statement:

"The valve assemblies in today’s CO2 powered air guns are fitted with silicone seals and O-rings."

I suppose it may be true for Umarex CO2 airguns but it is not true for CO2 airguns in general. And that's a good thing because silicone is a poor choice for CO2 seals. Firstly, silicone is highly permeable to CO2...at least 30x higher than Buna-N or polyurethane. Secondly, for guns having a face seal on the valve for the CO2 cartridge to seal against...that's a bad application for silicone because it is highly susceptible to tearing.

JDR, use 100% silicane oil only. Crossman Pellgun oil is a petroleum product (read the small print). Silicone oil is not the same as silicone rubber or synthetic rubber they have different components in them that make them flexible and susceptible to deterioration. Over time it will deteriorate the guns seals CO2 or not. CO2 gas cannot pernitrate 100% silicone oil, neither can moisture or ultraviolet rays and it will coat the materials in your gun (all of them) and it can be found in any hardware store or on line. Use 100% silicone oil on you gun.