• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crossman 1377 pcp coversion project

I saw that one. but I hate the idea of the fill probe, I get confused on which gun which fill probe. the dual pressure gauge is helpful in the older version
I agree, I hate fill probes. The new version has 2 gauges. They put one in the front of the cylinder and one on the side. Not my favorite configuration. Looking forward to your performance numbers when you get the opportunity.

Reactions: Twohsieh
i hate to say it but i wonder if these builds make any sense any more
oh don't get me wrong i have 9-11 custom 2240 but back in the day when we want a HPA pistol few were available, so we made our own, note i never did
so now you take a 1377 and throw the whole pistol in a box and start over
trigger group replace it
breech, replace it
barrel, replace it
tube replace it
sights find something
fiddle with all the part and smile at what you did
or
buy a Diana Bandit fill it with gas and shoot it
the Chaser- Bandit trigger can be made to be as good as they get, i have rebuilt 6 Chasers to have a trigger pull of 1-1.5mm in movement
barrels are fine, sight are fine, they have a metal breeches, can use mags, come with a LDC, metal finish is outstanding, accuracy is very good

now these are just my opinions no ore no less
I've got two 1322's and 2 (essentially) pp800s. I really do lean toward this argument. Mainly because the pp800s I have (177 and 25 cal) both came with phenominal barrels, got a long barrel for the 25 as well, and it's just as good. Where I've had 5 factory crosman barrels for my 1322's and they were ALL bad. Both now have LW barrels. Trigger can be made extremely good on the pp800, 1322... not so much. You can replace the whole trigger assembly for one that is top notch for $45-$150 depending how you do it and where you get parts. The breech is junk on 13xx. Another $50. Still, none of those will fix the weak forward barrel band if you keep it a pumper. (another $75) Add in shipping for all those, and likely some other parts.... So, basically, yeah, you end up throwing the whole gun out and replacing just about every if not actually every single part in the thing. Don't get me wrong, I love both. But for performance and $ spent, really makes little sense unless you at LEAST get a good barrel from the factory. Or just dont want to modify it at all and hit soup cans with it, then it's great for that.

Anywho. I really like the build @Twohsieh !! Looks very simple and effective. PCP kit is very reasonably priced as well. And looks good!

This is my pcp 1322, only original piece is the rear section of chopped air tube. Don't ask how much it cost :ROFLMAO: I built it myself and just parts alone totaled up is pretty stupifying. To be fair, the power output, capacity, huma reg, accuracy, and the fact that it's got a very complex and effective integrated baffle stack (as well as reflex shroud). Make it about priceless imo.

PSX_20200322_015338.jpg

Got re interested in the 1377. Got a new version from amazon for $50, saw on ebay that there is a regulated dual pressure gauge conversion kit. $89, Steel breech conversion kit from pyramidair $50 and a polished 18inch barrel $60. Will add a better reddot and donnyfl adapter and tanto to lessen the bark when arrives
Added the adapter and tanto. Way way more quiet.
View attachment 360709

View attachment 360710

What's the diameter and length of the tube? I'm thinking about selling my 1322 but would keep it if I could convert it to pcp but it looks as though the diameter will be too much for the breech I have on my gun and too short to keep the current shroud. The length is not that important as i could come up with an extension to match the original tube's length..

IMG_20230606_154708710.jpg

Reactions: airgunner53
What's the diameter and length of the tube? I'm thinking about selling my 1322 but would keep it if I could convert it to pcp but it looks as though the diameter will be too much for the breech I have on my gun and too short to keep the current shroud. The length is not that important as i could come up with an extension to match the original tube's length..

View attachment 362495
pcp tube is diameter is 25 mm,

Got my conversion kit via Amazon today and installed on my 2250. I had forgotten that I purchased the 2250 from a custom builder 15 to 18 years ago (it has been in storage for the last 12 years). I also forgot that I had it built with a .20 cal. 12" LW barrel. The barrel/receiver TP and valve TP have been opened up and tubing used to connect them. The new conversion PCP valve comes with a connector for a stock barrel/receiver TP. Had to cobble up a connector to get the conversion working but will make a better solution next week. Just checked the system function today. Filled to 210 Bar and the regulator is set from manufacturer at 80 Bar based on provided gauges. Ran a quick test to get initial velocity data. 10 shots of H&N 11.42gr .20cal pellets averaged 589 fps. Seem to be using a lot of air. May be leakage at the TP. Overall, it looks like this will be a good conversion for PCP in a 2250 if I can get air usage under control. By the way, no documentation is supplied with the conversion kit. Also, the original cocking arm does not cock the pistol. It only allows you to load the pellet. The black ball at the rear of the valve section is pulled to cock the pistol.

2250b.JPG

2250a.JPG

Got re interested in the 1377. Got a new version from amazon for $50, saw on ebay that there is a regulated dual pressure gauge conversion kit. $89, Steel breech conversion kit from pyramidair $50 and a polished 18inch barrel $60. Will add a better reddot and donnyfl adapter and tanto to lessen the bark when arrives
Added the adapter and tanto. Way way more quiet.
New pcp airtube and barrel bands in place

View attachment 363268

View attachment 363269
Is there a way to have this PCP conversion kit without the ball at the end. If I can do that can I also put a power adjuster on it instead?

Got my conversion kit via Amazon today and installed on my 2250. I had forgotten that I purchased the 2250 from a custom builder 15 to 18 years ago (it has been in storage for the last 12 years). I also forgot that I had it built with a .20 cal. 12" LW barrel. The barrel/receiver TP and valve TP have been opened up and tubing used to connect them. The new conversion PCP valve comes with a connector for a stock barrel/receiver TP. Had to cobble up a connector to get the conversion working but will make a better solution next week. Just checked the system function today. Filled to 210 Bar and the regulator is set from manufacturer at 80 Bar based on provided gauges. Ran a quick test to get initial velocity data. 10 shots of H&N 11.42gr .20cal pellets averaged 589 fps. Seem to be using a lot of air. May be leakage at the TP. Overall, it looks like this will be a good conversion for PCP in a 2250 if I can get air usage under control. By the way, no documentation is supplied with the conversion kit. Also, the original cocking arm does not cock the pistol. It only allows you to load the pellet. The black ball at the rear of the valve section is pulled to cock the pistol.

View attachment 365474

View attachment 365473
Can you have the PCP conversion without the ball on the end and keep the normal bolt action working to actually cock the gun? If possible can a power adjuster be put on in its place.

The answer is yes it can to both
Built this 3 years ago now
Not really tested it out
Needs a multi shot breech and stock to finish it off a good crosman conversion though non the less.
The air tube is unrestricted by the regulator as it's in the gauge housing.

View attachment 379024

View attachment 379025
Online others are saying that they are really dangerous these SQOTDR conversions. Saying that the gun can go off on safe if you pull hard enough and even going off on its own. This does scare me - can you share any 2 cents?

SQOTDR​

Hi ag53
I'd say this build is better.
No drop block no hipac" so its safer for a start.
Regulator can be adjusted easily.
The company do different lengths of air tube to suit your barrel length.
It's short a compact and put into a stock it would be woods walker type carbine or a great pistol.
For the money you cant knock it.
I have 2 hpa drop block 2250 also both with gmac conversion piped straight to the valve' so tube is not pressurized.
Accurate guns but deserve a multi shot breech to make the most out of them.
I dont need to tell you it can be a expensive habit lol especially for us in the uk'"but you've got froggy in USA for crosman parts.
So if your after a nice and tidy neat looking gun I'd say you could spend your money on s lot worse.
Not a full on power house but no slouch either so your not having to put really stiff springs in to get power up'" better reliability.
Needs the poppet flowing abit better as its typically flat all over.
Hopefully this information helps you decide