• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman PowerShot Fast Flight Penetrator Pellets, .177 Cal, 5.4gr

Hi guys. I'm just sitting here enjoying the cool Texas weather- a rarity in south Texas- and shooting one of my springers off the front porch. I'm just goofing around, shooting at anything that catches my eye- I probably have about 6 acres of space before the trees get too thick. I screwed my knee up pretty good, so I don't feel much like walking down to the range, and I left the razor and the golf cart down in the shop, so I set up my chrono on the table here and just started plinking. Luckily it's a bit of a mess out there, so I have plenty to shoot at. Everything for about 3 miles behind the woodline is mine, so it isn't as reckless as it sounds.
I went on Amazon the other day and ordered a "butt load" of pellets, and most of them arrived yesterday, that's what started this gallery session. But then I shot this silly looking projectile through my Black Ops "Sniper Rifle" and I got a surprise...just over 1400fps! Wow...poi didn't seem to change much, I'm not shooting at paper but I'm still hitting what I aim at, out to maybe 75 yds. (The longest shot I have with a target that I can see react)Crosman PowerShot Fast Flight Penetrator Pellets, .177 Cal, 5.4 Grains, Pointed, Lead-Free

I haven't seen 1400 fps from anything...this Black Ops rifle will shoot alloy out to 1250 if the wind is right and I hold my tongue just so, but 1400fps and still apparently accurate? I did not expect that. I'm new to non-powder-burners...is this normal? They're very consistent too, fps varies between 1421 and 1437, at the outsides. Crazy...

No dieseling going on, either.

Reactions: sirk
LOL No, far from it...I'm not even much of a Crosman fan, these days. I'm not concerned about damaging the barrel of this Black Ops rifle, it's just my plinker- I don't think these will cause any damage anyway. These are a sort of sabot'ed round, plastic around what I assume is an alloy penetrator style projectile. I bought a bunch of pellets on Amazon, just grabbing tins of anything that looked interesting. I have a large collection of powder burners- I'm a master gunsmith and police armorer- but I'm very new to the airgun world. I have a hand full of springers and one PCP so far, I'm still in the experimental, "finding my passion" stage of this new game.
I thought these were all gimmick and little utility, from their appearance...but I get a very reliable 1400 fps on my chrono- as I said, 1421-1437, which is very tight. I finally set up a police silhouette (it's what was handy) at 30 yards, and shot a ten round group that measured 3 1/4". Not any records broken, but much more respectable than I would have expected.