• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

crosman piranha

I'll chime in and agree also! Shot 2 mags out of my HW110ST .177 at 25yds. never had two pellets the same, and most of the 20 shots were off the 3" shoot n see target. Can't figure why WalMart doesn't offer the 10.5 Premier in .177,, the fancy-evil-looking hollowpoint Piranha' are horrible. (hoping Crosman is listening)

This gun is pretty new, but it will shoot ragged hole with H&N 8.6 FTT and does really well with 10.5 CP and a couple other 10+ gr.

@MScottLeeman, When life gives you lead lemons, use them to provide lemon-aid. Brilliant. 

I tried feeding them to my .177 Mrod and thought I'd broken the bolt action because it wouldn't seat fully. Turns out the stinking pellets can't hardly be jammed into a standard .177 breech. Trying them in several other .177 guns led me to that conclusion. Possible the process to press the jagged cavity in the head also forces an expansion of the pellet's head diameter?

Thanks for reminding me I had a tin of .22 cal Piranha's. I tried them in my Prod today. 8 shots @ 18 yards. Maybe not my first choice but I've shot worse. I get about the same results with CPHP's from the Prod. The CPUM's do better for me.

1555200644_808993035cb27a84666298.00072133_Piranha.jpg

Just one more gimmick. The whole point would be to act like a hollow point, but the Crosman pellets are a fairly hard alloy of lead, and don't mushroom well even if you can hit the target. I use the Crosman Premier Dome Hollow Points for chrony and other work where you are just burning through pellets but accuracy doesn't really matter.

Retuning my Marauder and burned about 700 rounds, still burning (made some mistakes in the process, so back to the adjustments). If you can get Piranha's really cheap, they could serve a purpose, but Premier Dome hollow points are only $6.50 at Wally world. Hard to beat that price these days.