• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CROSMAN NIGHTMARE

Make a long story short: Crosman's customer service has sent me (4) $60 scopes and various mounting rings. All of the scopes (their bulk scopes supplied with higher priced rifles) have been defective. I've also found that the ring screws loosen after a few shots. I think I have a few solutions. One is to finally get a good scope from them (they'll supply it) and loctite the mounting screws. which I don't really like. The other is to start all over with mounting bases/rings. I'm thinking of getting Warne scope mounts which I think handle air gun recoils and stay put once installed. My rifle has dovetail base and I think the Warnes will fit it. You guys can let me know. Any advise will be appreciated. The gun is a Crosman Optimus and i also have a GAMO WHISPER.

I bought the Optimus .22 for my youngest son's 18th birthday. I used a new Hammers 4-bolt, one-piece mount with the 3-9x32 scope off my Winchester 1400cs. It's held up so far, with the fair to middlin' recoil of the Optimus. It has the same power range as the Hatsan Striker 1000's, but about 1 1/2lbs lighter. So I think the amount of recoil is due to that. Centerpoint scopes ( Crosman owned) are fine, but use a better one-piece mount. I hate the cheap rings on dovetail scope mounts.