• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman box / tin pellets

Those, no clue. The bigger brown boxed pellets that were 1250 count have been slowly disappearing. Also seems to be anyone's guess anymore where they're being made.
Odd🤷‍♂️ I honestly don't care too much where they are made; more into how they fly downrange-that goes for any and all brands🎩🤙

Odd🤷‍♂️ I honestly don't care too much where they are made; more into how they fly downrange-that goes for any and all brands🎩🤙
You need a bit of back story to get what this threads about. Crosman used to make boxes of certain pellets with a count of 1250 pellets in each. No fancy packaging, just a plain brown cardboard box. But they would put a stamp on the box which said which die the pellets came from. So when some guys would find a particular Die # that their airgun liked they would stock up it. I guess it was a thing a while back - I guess if you had a Die # that shot really well you had a select pellet for no more cost than the tins.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
You need a bit of back story to get what this threads about. Crosman used to make boxes of certain pellets with a count of 1250 pellets in each. No fancy packaging, just a plain brown cardboard box. But they would put a stamp on the box which said which die the pellets came from. So when some guys would find a particular Die # that their airgun liked they would stock up it. I guess it was a thing a while back - I guess if you had a Die # that shot really well you had a select pellet for no more cost than the tins.
Like the lot numbers and such, yea I know.
Just a weird thing to me haha🤷‍♂️
I buy, I get what I get.
Until I cast my own; I won't complain🤪🤙
Just happy to have some🤗

A good lot of the 1250 count boxed pellets have been discontinued since Crosman sold out to Velocity Sports.
Agreed, although I would argue the quality decline was well underway several years before. The boxed 10.5gr heavies I received in early 2014 marked die J had numerous molding defects and varying head sizes ranging from a high of 4.52mm to a low of 4.45mm.

And unfortunately that batch was no fluke, subsequent ones proved to be similarly shoddy.

I wish I could buy more pellets made like one tin of 10.5s I had. They shot great out of my P35-177, as good as any pellet I've tried. So I bought two more tins. They shoot as poorly as any pellet I've tried in this gun. I was curious so I bought a pellet gauge and each of the new tins has pellets of every head size on the pellet gauge (10 sizes). Terribly inconsistent. I think the range is actually bigger, there just aren't holes to show it. I have some 14.3 grain 22 caliber that shoot OK from my Prod and my P35-22 but I am kind of afraid to buy more. Seems like quality has declined steeply recently - I did not get into airguns until 2019 so I have nothing on hand older than that and I think what I have is more recent.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1