• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 2300S Front Sight/Muzzle Brake Replacement

When I first took apart my Crosman 2300S Silhouette I was surprised to discover that the muzzle brake, which also includes the front sight post, is secured with a set screw on the bottom. Yet, the barrel has a flat right at the muzzle on the top. This means that whenever I remove and reinstall the muzzle brake, I have to rely on lining up the original set screw indent (gouged in by the original set screw installation) on the bottom of the barrel with the set screw hole in the brake. The result is a misalignment of the front sight requiring a new sighting in.

Common sense design dictates that one make use of the flat on the barrel as a set screw engagement surface. This helps ensure that reinstallation of the brake will rotationally align consistently. This reduces the need to re-sight in the weapon. But that has not happened here when Crosman designed this gun.

Does anyone know if a muzzle brake/post front sight replacement is made that makes use of the flat on top of the barrel? And a heavier brake would also be welcome.

Google searches come up with a couple of front sights on ebay, both of which are Crosman products with the set screw on the bottom. Not what I am looking for.

I'm sure someone will want to see pictures of what I am talking about.
Well I tried. Looked good in edit mode. But when I submitted the post update, I got code for the pictures instead of the pictures themselves. ? Seems the forum needs some maintenance.