• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 2240,2250 and 2260 barrels interchangeable?

Hello,
does anyone know if the barrels made for the crosman 2250 and 2260 will fit the 2240? Also what barrel lenght will be the best to get out most energy possible with CO2? What are realistic pellet speeds with lets say a 18" barrel+max flow transferport and power adjustor set to max?

Can't help with the 18" or the power adjuster, but I got the velocities shown below. Will give some idea of the velocity gains as the barrel gets longer.

Original 7 1/2" barrel averaged 450.8 fps. 14" barrel averaged 546.7 fps before I cut it to 10" that averaged 491.9 fps. All these averages were 10 shot strings. These were all on the same gun using the standard 2240 hammer spring.

The problem with the 2240 is its 12gram co2 cartage you start adding longer barrels, valve mods, larger trans its not long and you have a maybe 6 shoots of high power its what we call a gas hog.
So you add a Boss max flow valve A bottle to get the shoot count up hanging it up front angled down or if you can find one an extension tube and pressurize it with the bottle either way its going to be loud, bulky, long, hardly a sleek pistol like that a pistol should be.Other wise called a RIFLE.

Don't mean to bash your 2240 build but a high powered 12gram co2 is just not going to work out.
As per what you said your probably around the 600fps mark might get more with a 14inch barrel and a lighter valve spring. It might, BARK, make some noise and you would have to back off the adjuster or waste gas.
Shoot count would be the question I can't say since co2 is a gas its affected by temperature, living in a hot or cold climate would effect it as well as how it behaves.
These are things professional airgun tuners figure out and design the airgun to preform rightly.
In your case it might be trial and error but that's sometimes how we learn.
Build and see its not like its going to cost thousands of dollars like a PCP or HPA gun.

I love my 2240 converted to a 16 1/2" barreled 2250 of sorts. I put in the BOSS phase 1 valve, larger transfer port, heavier hammer spring. I can get around 640fps for around 13 shots, then it drops off. For all I've spent, you may aswell get a P-rod woodswalker. Better trigger, accurate, quieter, more shots per fill (25 at full power), and around 15 to 17 FPE out of the box.

Converting a 2240 to HPA is not cheap, and can be very risky. 

@Darki
Enjoy it for what it is. I built a 2240 with regulated HPA,Boss valve,etc. that shoots a Crosman Premier (CP)at over 800 fps. Having said that it's my least favorite 2240. The easiest way to add velocity and still get 40 good shots on average is barrel length. I've found through trial and error that 14.5" is optimal,but 10" barrels are a favorite being more compact. On a 72 degree day you will get 500 fpe with 10 inch barrel and 540 fps with 14.5. Add a hollow extended probe from GMAC and you gain about another ~ 12 fps without more air consumption. Another best mod is add a roller bearing trigger for accuracy. 2240s can be a platform of expression for custom grips etc. but they are just fun to shoot,especially rolling water bottles. On all of my 2240s I always add a steel Crosman breech. In it's simplest for it is fun to shot and still one of the most powerful CO2 pistols out there. Have fun.