• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman 160-Which Seal Kit?

Hey guys, going to be re sealing a Crosman 160.

Which kit would you recommend?

A Seal Kit #1

B Seal Kit #2

Put CO2 cartridges in and they leaked right away.

I've read about some kits having a piece that needs heated up in order to seal. Can someone elaborate?
Don't mind doing it if it is explained well but if there is another option I may do that.

OR would I be good to get a QB78 Seal kit instead?? I heard those were clones of the Crosman 160.

IMG_20230621_220355.jpg

Reactions: Treefrog
The heat trick is basically used when the stem does not seak well on the seat. The gun is charged with co2 then you heat the tube with a hair drier to increase the pressure on the stem so it takes a better set to the seat.
Rick @ Precision Pellet is very helpful, and has reasonable prices.
I wouldn't use QB valve parts in your 160 valve as they use metric threads and sizing.

Yeah I thought it was weird there was a $20 difference but it looks like the materials are different too. Different O ring and looks like brass in the one listing. I'd probably buy once cry once with this kit.

Okay so FiveStar you're talking full CO2 cartridges in there already pierced by the cap/bolt THEN you heat it up with a hair dryer? How I read it, it makes it sound like it will not seat with the kind of material MAC1 or Baker uses on the valve/seat until you heat it up. Like you heat it up then assemble it then put in new CO2.

I guess it would be obvious if it seated while it had new CO2 in cause it'd be leaking then would quit once heated and conformed to the valve/seal.

Okay I'll only do 160 parts not QB78, thanks for the tip!