• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compressor to tank refill help..

Hi guys I'm trying to find out if I need any other connectors to refill my dive cylinder from my compressor. Or if I already have what I need to do this process with the setup I have can I just connect the air lines, also the steps I need to follow when starting from the compressor too fill bottle and the end procedures to cut off from compressor too bottle. Here are some pics of the bottle I have and the compressor but the compressor I have the extra large filter. 

Screenshot_20210827-023443_eBay.1630028603.jpg
Screenshot_20210827-023331_eBay.1630028603.jpg
Screenshot_20210827-023313_eBay.1630028604.jpg

Thanks for your comments guys So all I need is the male to male fitting and I can go ahead and fill the tank and yes I have a bleed valve on the tank and also on the line so I have the ability to double bleed on hose and the tank. Just also wanted to know do I build pressure in the line before opening the bottle then open has there is still some air in the tank.

Thanks for your comments guys So all I need is the male to male fitting and I can go ahead and fill the tank and yes I have a bleed valve on the tank and also on the line so I have the ability to double bleed on hose and the tank. Just also wanted to know do I build pressure in the line before opening the bottle then open has there is still some air in the tank.

I don't see where you addressed the water connection for your pump , does your compressor have a water pump for cooling? If it does you will need a bucket and hoses to run cooling water.

From what I see, there is no quick connect on your hose. That is a BSP 1/8 female threaded hose. You will need a 1/8 BSP male threaded quick connect to thread onto your hose so that male to male adapter will have something to attach to on your tank's hose. You can get the male to male adapter and the BSP male threaded quick connect from many vendors on Aliexpress.

I'll take some pics in the morning has I added an extra gauge with release valve after my large filter setup. But I have ordered the male too male Foster fitting to connect the hose from compressor too bottle. I could also do with someone telling me the safest procedure to fill and disconnect has I have never tried to fill bottle since I bought the compressor just filled my rifles with it.

Can you post pics of the (smaller) end of the hose? It's not a Quick connect so I'm assuming it's a female threaded. Probably 1/8 bsp. If so, you need a 1/8 Male bsp to a Male foster. Is that a bleed screw to the left of the press. guauge?

Gerry is correct. From your pictures, you don't need anything else than a male Foster QD with a thread to match your female hose end. If the hose is of US origin then it is likely to be 1/8 NPT but it's possible that it may be 1/8 BSP. If it's tapered it will be NPT. No male to male is necessary. When filling your bottle it's a good idea to start the pump with the bleed screw open, let it warm for a moment, close the bleed, let the pressure rise until it roughly matches the bottle then open the bottle valve. When shutting down, run the procedure in reverse. The part that you circled is a spare check valve.

Filli Procedure:

Attach the hoses to each other with your tank valve closed but leave the compressor bleed valve open. Turn on the compressor and let it run for 30 seconds or so to warm up then close the bleed valve on the compressor. Watch as the pressure gauge rises on the compressor. When the compressor builds pressure to approximately the pressure that's in your tank, open the tank's valve so air can enter the tank. On your initial fill you can open the tank valve when you begin since the tank is empty. During an extended fill session you should open the bleed valve on your compressor (the part you circled in your post photo) every 5 minutes or so just for a second to purge the moisture inside rather than saturating that cotton filter in the compressor's fill hose. Take out the cotton filter after each fill session and let it air dry before the next fill session. Replace the cotton in the filter housing when it gets too oily.

Fill Completion Procedure

When the gauge on the tank reaches the desired fill pressure, close the tank's valve with the compressor running. Then open the bleed valve on your compressor to depressurize the compressor and hoses. Shut down the compressor and disconnect the hoses. It helps to let the compressor run for a couple of minutes after a fill with the bleed screw open to cool it and purge residual moisture inside. 

The only issues that I see are the Air mega filter should have the inlet on the bottom and the outlet at the top. I would also recommend a larger coolant container. The extra gauge and bleed valve are not necessary unless you are using check valves and need to bleed an isolated part of the line. You already have bleed screws at the compressor and bottle ends and I don't see any check valves. The fewer unnecessary joints the fewer the chances of possible leaks in the future.