• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compressor & tank use

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I have a Omega Supercharger and I also have a Omega 75CF carbon fiber tank. The tank came with a valve with a removable air flow restrictor. I can fill a rifle utilizing the fill line and fitting that came with the tank. But do I need another fitting for connecting the compressor to the tank for refilling the tank?

I did attempt to fill a PCP rifle from the compressor but it would only fill to about one Bar or less than 1500 psi and it stopped pumping air and slowed down and the shutvdown completely. I subsequently made contact with Todd at Rapture and the machine was sent to AOA for Todd to deal with the Supercharger that when delivered to me had less than two hours on the timer. Hopefully it we’ll be fixed without it costing me a fortune. I did have to pay $130.00 to ship it one way to AOA. It would be much appreciated to hear from anyone that can comment on the question to if I need another apparatus for filling the tank vs filling a PCP rifle.

Joe Email: [email protected]

The way I have mine setup is that I have the hose that came with the Super Charger coming out of the compressor. That hose is connected to my Diablo Air Dryer System. The Diablo has a short hose that came with it about 18 inches long. I have a MALE to MALE fitting connecting the hose coming FROM the Diablo to the line going into the 74 cu ft tank. 

So it goes === Compressor === Compressor Hose === Diablo with it's own hose === male to male fitting === line going into tank.

Hope this helps

Most of these male Foster fittings have check valves internally. These check valves allow air to travel into the fitting, not from it. So when connecting a male to male connection, it obviously will not work. I use the same fitting and hose (whip) to both fill the gun and fill the bottle from the compressor, but to do that I had to remove the check valve on the compressor side. It is easy to do. All you need is a small punch applied to the input side of the Foster fitting and a few light taps with a hammer. The valve can be used again if you are careful without a problem.

Assuming the male fitting on the compressor doe NOT have a check valve, the correct procedure to fill the bottle is to make the connection, turn on the compressor and wait a bit until the whip pressurizes, then open the bottle valve.

The way I have mine setup is that I have the hose that came with the Super Charger coming out of the compressor. That hose is connected to my Diablo Air Dryer System. The Diablo has a short hose that came with it about 18 inches long. I have a MALE to MALE fitting connecting the hose coming FROM the Diablo to the line going into the 74 cu ft tank. 

So it goes === Compressor === Compressor Hose === Diablo with it's own hose === male to male fitting === line going into tank.

Hope this helps

The line that came with my Omega 74CF tank came with a removable constrictor pin/valve. Should I remove the pin or leave it in place when filling the tank from my compressor or filling directly to my PCP guns?

pooterjoe,

You have really confused me. You started this thread on April 8. I replied along with others and here you are asking the same question again in Sept. I have to assume you do not understand the replies, so I must point out that you need to use the correct terminology when speaking about technical things. I have no idea what a restrictor/pin valve is. Are you speaking about a a male Foster fitting ? Perhaps a female Foster fitting? Perhaps even something else. Male Foster fittings have an internal Check valve. That is what they are called. They act like a one way street. Air can flow into the valve, but not from it. That is unless you knock out the valve with a small pin. Now air can flow in both directions. 

On my setup I have my charge whip (hose) connected to my bottle via an adapter. The hose to adapter is provided by a crimped permanent fitting. The adapter has a pressure gauge and a bleed down valve as part of it and it attaches to the bottle valve. The bottle valve may be one of several types depending on the system is use. There are many different ones. On the other end of the whip I have a female foster fitting without any internal check valve. It connects to a male Foster fitting on the guns. The male foster fitting on the guns have the internal check valve that allows air to pass into the gun when the air pressure in the whip exceeds the air pressure in the gun. I also use the same whip to connect to my compressor, but the male Foster fitting I use on the compressor has the check valve removed because I need the air to flow OUT of the compressor into the bottle. To do this, I first connect the whip to the compressor. I do NOT open the bottle valve. I start the compressor and watch the pressure valve on the whip adapter rise. When the whip pressure is close to the residual pressure in the bottle, I then open the bottle valve allowing the compressor air to charge the bottle. Once the pressure gauge on the whip reaches your desired pressure, close the bottle valve. Then turn the compressor off and then lastly, bleed down the whip by slowly opening the bleed valve and then remove the whip.