• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cold Storage

Today in Dallas it is 19º and I'm wondering about my airguns. I have a workshop in my attached garage and I keep everything there. It is currently 29º in there. And in summer, it gets to around 90º. So I'm wondering, are my guns ok in there? I was considering building some nice brackets on the wall to hang the gun so they are out of the way while I'm working on on other guns. But just wondered what everyone else has to say about keeping my guns in pretty cold storage.

And, just FYI, I did find that my FX regulators don't like to be cold. My Wildcat normally has an ES of 9 but with the recent cold, I found it not shooting as accurately as it had been. I put 16 shots over the chrono and found it to have an ES of 30 (or was it 32? I've forgotten). Anyway, I brought the WC in the house for a couple of hours and let it come to 70º and went back to the chrono. Yep, 16 shots yielded an ES of 8 this time. So it is plainly obvious the cold effects the reg.

Crusher

Well, here in Indiana right now, it is 4 degrees....that will be the high for today. When the temps drop, all of my gun related things comes inside. Even when the weather is warm, my gun safe, cleaning supplies, and accessories (ammo as well), stays inside under climate control.

I notice my airguns really seem to be effected by the weather, way more than my regular powder burning firearms, so I just keep it all inside.

"crosman2016"Well, here in Indiana right now, it is 4 degrees....that will be the high for today. When the temps drop, all of my gun related things comes inside. Even when the weather is warm, my gun safe, cleaning supplies, and accessories (ammo as well), stays inside under climate control.
I notice my airguns really seem to be effected by the weather, way more than my regular powder burning firearms, so I just keep it all inside.
Same here.
We run a dehumidifier and control the temp. in our shop to hold down the rust on other equipment and guns and it good place to run my compressor, very little moisture get in. Powder and primer do well there also.

I would global warming is not over for the South for a while. It is going down to 14F here tonight. I do have 2 power burner in the back seat of the truck covered up with hunting clothes They should be fine tile I can get them home for a real good cleaning. Just thank about your PCP if they had just a very small amount of moisture in the wrong place what could happen. Wild Cat and Marauder are in their cases at home in the house and the Crown is the house here with me.