• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cold almost everywhere in the USA

Not shooting any prairie dogs here in Colorado tomorrow...

Screenshot_20210213-231109.1613283289.png

Well fellas, I feel bad for you. Buried in snow and hammered with super cold temperatures doesn’t look very conducive to shooting air guns. The weather here in Nor Cal has been pretty nice, other than a few rain shower and some wind. Unfortunately, the weather is one of the few good things about California anymore. 

This picture was taken yesterday morning...Sunny and starting to turn green already.

Stoti

14A3257F-7A98-4E67-9E27-C9C6C288D0A4.1613286984.jpeg

Yup, it is cold here too. Twenty-five deg and this white stuff is everywhere. Unusual for PDX area in Oregon. Electricity was out, for 10 hours or so had to get the camping stove out to cook, but came on in time to overt frozen pipes so all is well. Thanks to all those at PGE for getting it back on.

Edit; almost fergot it was mixed with a bunch of freezing rain so lots of abandon cars.

Michael(Keymaster) showed a picture on Instagram, standing behind a little tree and every branch was covered with a thick layer of ice and icicles. Definitely not what comes to mind when I think of Texas. Every year the weather seems to get more and more extreme. Hmmm. Good luck with the cold, at least you’re not buried in snow like some of these poor other guys! 

Stoti

Cold here in E Texas this morning 24. We are predicted to drop to around 4 Monday morning., and about 120 hours total below freezing which is rare. No snow yet but it is supposed to be coming, so will get my generator out and hooked up later this morning. Last month we had a heavy wet snow, that brought down some live oak limbs and took the line from the transformer to my neighbors house across the street down, and in the process ripped all the connections off the transformer, which also serves our house. We had to wait until a service came out and trimmed tree limbs away from power lines before the power company would come out and restore the lines and power. It was a godsend to have a big generator. I have seen snow, sleet, and freezing rain predicted for this week so want to be prepared This will be extremely rare, two major winter storm events in this part of the country, about 120 miles east and a little south of Dallas.

Ice storms are terrible! Worked as a utility forester back in 1991 when Howard County Indiana was devastated. Official top gust of 93 mph clocked at an air base just north of us. Sustained winds near Cat 1 hurricane force. As ice formed airfoils on the powerlines they began "galloping", jumping up and down as they gained lift from the wind. Became so energetic that 65' poles were literally pulled up from out of the ground and steel towers had their tops collapsed due to the stresses imparted by the galloping conductors. Took a week to restore basic transmission service to local substations and almost a month to get the distribution grid repaired.

This storm coming in now has shifted a bit and Howard County is targeted now for a foot or more of snow in near-blizzard conditions. My experience says better snow than ice.

ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! 

I guess you get used to living like that in the cold but I never have. Born and raised in Northern California, college in San Diego, lived in very warm areas throughout the world and then back to Northern California. I really can’t even fathom living like that and do feel for you guys that have to endure the cold! 

Keep warm guys!

Stoti

Some extremes of temperatures, whilst we in England have rain and strong winds and it won't subside untill next weekend. 

That means rat shooting, although fun it's rather boring after a while.

Looking forward to longer days and drier weather to bring the quarry out. 

Its rather annoying as I'm on furlough due to the pandemic, only rats to shoot, untill the weather pattern changes.