• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CO2-PCP Conversion Filipino Airguns

Guys I'm heading over to PI again and do a lot of airgun shooting there with the local Eskopeta and Rogun CO2 models. We always have to take pasalobon (gifts) there from stateside here. I'm thinking of taking my Hill Pump over there so my nephews don't have to buy CO2 all the time over there and itś often not easy to get in the provinces. Is there a simple adaptor to change the CO2 hardware so they can just use it instead of CO2. With the pump Iḿ thinking I wouldn't need a gauge for it since I have one on the Hill.

You really need something like an hpa bottle and the adaptors to attach it to their guns.

Co2 and hpa are easily adapted to each other, but co2 and pcp are two different animals. Co2 is made to get a lot of shots at around 700-1100 psi depending on the temperature. The co2 is liquid at those kinds of pressures and evaporates slowly with each shot maintaining a consistent pressure until the liquid is gone.

If you just charge a co2 gun with air first you'll have to be extra careful not to overfill since the co2 reservoir wasn't made to handle pressures much higher than 1000 psi and second you'll only get a small fraction of the number of shots with air that you did with co2 and they won't have consistent velocities either. The first one of two shots will be significantly more powerful and noisy however.

The way around this is to use an hpa bottle like the paintballers do. They're just a regulated bottle that feeds your co2 gun air at typical co2 pressure. They work great and the only downside is that you have to carry around a bottle with you that's tethered to your gun.

• Love
Reactions: sscoyote
Thanks guys this has been the beginning of an education--"Airgun Pressurization 101". I guess maybe we'll just leave "CO2 pasalobon" piso when we leave :) . There are some Airgunneros there that really know their stuff--I'll rely on them some too.Thanks again!!!
CO2 is really a fantastic propellant if you live in a tropical environment. It gives you a ton of very consistent shots as the liquid converts to gas so long as you allow a little time in between shots. It only sucks for those of us in northern climates. I remember shooting a CO2 in freezing temperatures once and you could easily see the pellets in flight.

Have often thought to maybe just buy a big CO2 tank that they could use to fill their buddy tanks with...?
I bought a full aluminum CO2 tank off Craigslist decades ago for $20 and it’ll outlast me. I’m not sure what the capacity is, but it’s the same size as a full size scuba tank.

I don’t do any bulk co2 shooting anymore, but I’ve still got it in case I choose to take it up again.

One thing to keep in mind, you have to pin the valve. Anything to reinforce it so it doesn't blow out the back of the gun. A device like a hipac will allow you to convert to hpa, but I'm not sure who makes them, or something like them anymore. It would allow you to get up to a 2k fill. Pyramyd I think still sells adapters for the QB guns, but as stated above, you would have to tether.
Honestly, I would grab a bunch of carts while in Manila waiting for the connection. Either that or send money to someone you trust and have them pick them up before you get there.