• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chuck Heaven…

Many years ago before I got into PCPs I had permission to go after chucks at the local orchard. And boy did I punish them with my CZ452 .22 rimfire, but had to pass up lots of shots. There were also tons of pest birds I couldn’t engage. The years pass, the orchard changed hands and I lost touch and was out. The two local dairies ceasing operations also put a serious dent in my pest kills. 😢 Fast forward to this evening when I attended our Sportsmen’s Club last meeting of the year. There I was able to chat with a fellow member who is the liaison for the orchard. Long story short, they need help badly with chucks inside and around the buildings. And I bet there will be incidental shots at pest birds. So come Spring, I will be pesting at the orchard. Am seriously stoked as the orchard is less than 10 minutes away. My BRKs will be unleashed with a vengeance.

Many years ago before I got into PCPs I had permission to go after chucks at the local orchard. And boy did I punish them with my CZ452 .22 rimfire, but had to pass up lots of shots. There were also tons of pest birds I couldn’t engage. The years pass, the orchard changed hands and I lost touch and was out. The two local dairies ceasing operations also put a serious dent in my pest kills. 😢 Fast forward to this evening when I attended our Sportsmen’s Club last meeting of the year. There I was able to chat with a fellow member who is the liaison for the orchard. Long story short, they need help badly with chucks inside and around the buildings. And I bet there will be incidental shots at pest birds. So come Spring, I will be pesting at the orchard. Am seriously stoked as the orchard is less than 10 minutes away. My BRKs will be unleashed with a vengeance.
L.L., good to hear . Just yesterday afternoon I dropped off my yearly gift card to my dairy permission. He told me years ago that wasn't necessary , as i took care of his groundhog problem for him . I replied that if I had a lease ( which is becoming the new norm here ) it would cost a lot more & be seasonal at that. He then called one day & asked if I could shoot rats :oops: . Does a bear poop in the woods ? Take care of your "new " permission & looking forward to the new season's tales .

Reactions: rmslim1 and L.Leon
@Contndr35BB, thank you. Good advice on your part. I still visit those former dairies as there are incidental pest to be had. The privilege to be trusted to shoot on somebody’s property, in buildings, around equipment and livestock? Priceless! Will definitely be posting up. Am excited for the coming Spring season.
Oh and I love my CZ452 !

Reactions: L.Leon
Glad to see you picked up a new place to shoot. That is such a sweet feeling, isnt it? I’ve taken a couple years off pesting and am seeing dairies selling land, etc. Focusing back again on my squirrel population which have skyrocketed from neglect. Good luck at the new place.
Yes, I have to say I am feeling good and lucky about it. Thanks!

Reactions: SHOMER