• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

choices edgun or cricket carbine in .25

After having owned both of these I'll have to go with the Cricket Carbine from Charlie. Metal mags vs plastic....12 round mags vs 9 rounds just for starters. Able to get much lighter trigger adjustment on the Cricket too.

And on a side note..... my side cocking lever on my .22 Colibri was way smoother than the double side cocking lever on my .25 R5M .

Some folks may like the digital manometer on the Eddy? I'll stick with the analog. Battery went dead and had to be replaced within weeks.

I wish I was one of the many who loved the Eddy. I tried, I really did. Just one of those guns that I just didn't seem to mesh with?

On a positive note....The Eddy was way easier to take down and clean the barrel. I do miss that!

Jimmy

Robustness reliability and strength and quietness Edgun. Accuracy probably a toss-up as far as cocking I'd rather have a stiffer front cocking than a smoother rear cocking. I don't see any problem with plastic vs Metal magazines as long as they function correctly and last, besides plastic is lighter. I think edguns magazine holder is a slick design.

I owned a Cricket 25 in synthetic stock. I own 3 Edguns now and sold the Cricket.

Both Kalibrgun and Edgun are equally accurate. Edgun is easier to service and take apart compared to Kalibrgun. I never had any problems with my Cricket as long as I had it. That being said, if I had a leak somewhere, I'd have to ship it out for service. (Have you seen the tool you need to be able to remove the pressure gauge on the Cricket??) The Edgun guns can be serviced at home with just a few simple tools.

My vote goes to Edgun if I had to do it over again.

Both are very good. You aren't going to go wrong either way. I believe, as Anthony said earlier in the post, your real choice here is do you want a traditional rifle or a bullpup? 

Now, if you are comparing the R5M and the Cricket bullpup, still a toss up. The EdGun has better features but does cost more. The Cricket has an advantage in that it's trigger can be adjusted lighter, if you like a match grade trigger that is.