• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

chicken terrorist deported

weevil

Dec 19, 2022
Utah
Rudely awoken just after 1 by the chicken alarm, I checked my backyard NV cam and spotted a large bandit trying to break into the coop. I'd seen him on the trail cam the last couple of nights and had the trusty Leshiy Classic dialed in with a NV scope. By the time I was ready he had moved on to the bird buffet, about 70 yards out and was working out how to get to the feeder. Just after powering up and getting the window open, he looked right at me and I zoned in on the breakdancer switch. The LC is shooting Zan 177 10 grain slugs at 940fps and is brutally accurate. Its also stupidly quiet and makes about the same racket as a beer can opening, so perfect for this job. In the heat of the moment, I forgot to set the scope to record but the action happened right below my trail cam so a few juicy pics tell the story. He went down instantly and commenced the inverted dance. The girls produced a few extra tasty eggs for me this morning. Hopefully, I don't have to spend time defending the use of a 177 after rallyshark's second hog post! Even at 22fpe, those tiny pills have crazy penetration.

coon.jpg

Great shot! These leshiy classic are definite tack drivers regardless of power levels. I have one in .35 and one in .25 both 350mm barrels. And whether the .25 is set to 40fpe or 54 fpe they hit where I'm aiming.
I have a bunch of tack drivers but they often need a few shots to settle in. The LC can sit for a week and hit a penny first shot. That’s worth it’s weight in gold when that sudden opportunity crops up.

Rudely awoken just after 1 by the chicken alarm, I checked my backyard NV cam and spotted a large bandit trying to break into the coop. I'd seen him on the trail cam the last couple of nights and had the trusty Leshiy Classic dialed in with a NV scope. By the time I was ready he had moved on to the bird buffet, about 70 yards out and was working out how to get to the feeder. Just after powering up and getting the window open, he looked right at me and I zoned in on the breakdancer switch. The LC is shooting Zan 177 10 grain slugs at 940fps and is brutally accurate. Its also stupidly quiet and makes about the same racket as a beer can opening, so perfect for this job. In the heat of the moment, I forgot to set the scope to record but the action happened right below my trail cam so a few juicy pics tell the story. He went down instantly and commenced the inverted dance. The girls produced a few extra tasty eggs for me this morning. Hopefully, I don't have to spend time defending the use of a 177 after rallyshark's second hog post! Even at 22fpe, those tiny pills have crazy penetration.

View attachment 360211
Chicken terrorist!!! thanks for the laugh man.

Reactions: weevil
I have a bunch of tack drivers but they often need a few shots to settle in. The LC can sit for a week and hit a penny first shot. That’s worth it’s weight in gold when that sudden opportunity crops up.
Agreed, I have a few other guns that are as reliable for that first shot like taipan veteran, .25 and the cricket long .25.

Had a raccoon disappear off of a rabbit hutch one night. Never fired a shot either. The wife woke me as I have severe hearing loss. The miscreant raccoon was attempting to gain entry to the hutch. This was a gi-hugic critter. At LEAST 25 lbs. All of a sudden there is a BLUR that seemed to have claws in it, a yelp, and the raccoon was just....gone. Fish and Wildlife in Maine spend A LOT of effort quashing any claims regarding mountain lions as a Federal Act would require the State to promulgate a program that addresses them. And that involves money. And they can't have that. We also found a buck 15 ft. up a tree with 8 inches of snow all around and no drag marks.

Glad you got your chicken thief tho. We could send you our big cat if you like......

View attachment 360211
So the departed wasn't deported, but has definitely departed.
Excellent. 👍