• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chest Pack/Bino Harness. Do You Have A Favorite?

I'd been thinking about this over the past few weeks. I've tried a few and I always find something that I wish was better. I admit, I don't always use them and sometimes they can feel like they're in my way when shouldering a rifle. I have used them on day and night hunts. They can be beneficial to use to hold hand calls/diaphagms, magazines, rangefinders, binos/thermal scanner, e-caller remote, multi-tool, lens cloth, extra knives, small flash light, phone, license/ID, and gloves (nitrile or thing shooting gloves) - all while keeping things in front of you. I'm still exploring packs until I find what works best with certain setups.

Do any of you use them similarly? If not, how do you use yours? What brand and model do you prefer? Why is this your favorite and for which application(s)?

We use Fanny packs swung around to access as belly packs to hold our pellets and magazines and other smalls like “Little Hotties” hand warmers. We wear Camel Backs on our back to hold our air tanks. They have nice padded shoulder straps and we rig our rifles to hang vertically off of one the front straps. The dual shoulder harness spreads the weight of the rifle onto both shoulders making carrying it feel lighter. We tried a few other methods and have found this one works best for our hunting and stalking needs.

Dave, a friend gave me one (binoculars harness) I never use. It's yours if you want it. Looks to be brand new.
@Gerry52 I have several. I couldn’t take another for free. I really don’t need another. I’m just trying to find a setup that works well with my various hunts. I’ll use different packs for different hunts. There are a few I still want to try. Thanks for the offer!

Reactions: Gerry52
If you are not familiar with the Badlands products, take a look. They have an unlimited lifetime warranty. I have a few of their products and find them well thought out and well made. Check out the Bino XR. It has two main pockets that have strong magnetic closures, the top main pocket can handle up to a 10x42mm bino, and the bottom pocket holds a good sized range finder. It has two smaller side pockets for other small accessories and a built in raincover. It is a bit pricey, but if you put it in your wishlist on MidwayUSA, during your B-Day month, they give good discounts on whatever you have in the wishlist. I have a couple of their other bino cases for larger binos and like them too. They are chest mount harness cases that don't get in the way of shooting. Look under "Gear" on the top menu and you will see the bino cases listing. Happy and straight shooting to everyone!

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I'm a fan off a simple bino harness that keeps them close and a little low. Got one off Amazon that has small fastex buckles the lock into the female fastex end with small loops that loop thru the bino strap loop.
I wear them all day while I hunt and they don't get in the way.

I also carry a pack with basic essentials if I had to spend the night. My Brocock gives me 60+ shots , and I carry 5 fully loaded magazines plus some extra pellets. More then enough for a day in the field.
TbyWLwz.jpg

Reactions: L.Leon
I have a Nikon chest harness that I like, but wanted a pouch for some protection. Picked up a $29 Vortex chest pouch at Cabela’s for deer season this year. Did not like it at all. It was awkward. My buddy has one of these. He added the handwarmer and a range finder bag. Nice setup. It’s at the top of my list now!

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@GhostRider1685 I have an earlier Eberlestock Scout Recon bino pack (I think that’s what it’s called)l. It’s ok. It’s rather small and I don’t like the direction that the bino pouch opens. The Alaska Guide XL harness is nice and has plenty of room and several pockets. I have a Vortex harness and the fabric is too noisy. Brushing up against the fabric can give away my location on a hunt.

Reactions: GhostRider1685