• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cheap but reliable/efficient squirrel ender?

This thread contains references to the Chinese pistols -- pp700-W and the pp800 (aka Diana Bandit). I have both. My 2cts:

- the pp800 multi-shot is powerful, silent, and amazingly accurate after some mild tinkering. Mine came with a valve leak 😨. I did not like the grip either. Solution instead of returning it: also got myself the co2 version with a synthetic grip. That 100 usd package included a shoulder piece and an interchangeable long barrel as well. Put the valve unit (plus stem) into my pp800. Same for the grip. All perfectly interchangeable. Also threw in an 80 bucks Robert Lane regulator. Polished the barrel etc... Result for 350 bucks: a cool repeater pistol with sleek grip, silencer + optional shoulderpiece. Plus extra mag, long barrel, spare short barrel, silencer etc. waiting in the wings. This pistol would not have looked out of place in the upcoming James Bond movie. Not pellet fussy, adores the JSB Jumbos. Even only equipped with a basic red dot (no magnification) it loves terminating those shrieking parrots at 25 yards.

Update: the parrots being temporarily in remission, I thought I'd stress the Bandit to 60 yards (55meters) on a mildly windy day. Still using my simple red dot, no magnification. The paper target could not be seen clearly at that distance -- I had to guess the bullseye. My first 8 shots off the shooting bag resulted in the attached 3.5- 4-inch group. I need to exercise more, but gun has promise!

- the pp800 single shot is accurate as well, but it does not have a safety and is more pellet fussy. I use the long Skenkos. It is also heavier than its cousin, not as easy to hand pump, and the reg has some well-known issues. Due to the breech design it is rather noisy too -- loud pop at the back even after placing an adapter and silencer for a combined 100 bucks. Even so, this pp800 also is a very well built pistol for a low price.🐦

16030199300601021277092.1603019969.jpg

IMG_3355.1603033913.jpg