• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Changing barrels, caliber on RAW HM1000X

Yes, I have. There's really nothing to it, and when you have a barrel and probe in a different caliber available, it can be done in 10 minutes.
Jus a matter of loosing 3 screws on top of the breech to remove the barrel, remove barrel, loosen 2 setscrews of the probe, unscrew probe, mount other probe, mount other barrel, adjust probe by rotating it in or out to adjust it to the barrel, and you're done.
I bought a .30 cal HM1000x and turned a .25 BSA barrel blank to fit it to the RAW's action. It's likely you can also order a different caliber barrel and probe at RAW, but I can't say anything about the cost..
Another possibility is to buyi a LW blank, and have it turned by a machinist to fit the RAW action.

Reactions: woogie_man
"buffdan"Ahhhh, great feedback..
I appreciate your input weatherby.
I do have necessary machinery at home..

Dan
That makes it two of us Dan, life would be hard without my lathe and milling machine :)
Machining a blank can be done quite easily, probe isn't difficult too. Thread size is 1/2x20unf.
I had a drawing of the barrel dimensions, but I can't find it anymore..... We'll, just remove the original barrel, and copy/paste ;)

Kind regards,

Gijs

"30cal"Ya that's the price quote I got as well. Been toying with the idea getting a .30 barrel set up to play with. I wonder about whether the .25 setting would have enough power for the .30? Maybe the reg would need adjusting?
Jeff, I've shot my .25cal in the .30 setting :) Just set the reg. at 160bar (standard setting for the .30) and you're good to go for both calibers.
What size is the transfer port in your breech block? TP size of my .30 cal was about 6.5mm. I don't know if the TP size varies in between the different calibers, I suppose not.

I have a question: I sent my 50 fpe version (.25 cal, LW barrel) in to Martin to have it converted to the 60 fpe version (using the LW polygon barrel). At the same time, I requested he fit me up with a .30 cal barrel and probe for the same gun so I could swap setups easily. I asked for the spare parts back, and I think he supplied them. Now I have a little bit of doubt about which parts are needed for the probe portion of the swap. 

In the picture below, I'm assuming all I need to install is the set of parts in the bag on the right side-is that correct? I'm assuming the parts in the left side are the old parts, taken off my gun?

da1c780f10cce0d7c443d61567fd643d.jpg

Is that correct?

thanks,

Sean

"jps2486"You may have to re-calibrate the reg too.
According to Martin, once it's setup for the .25 cal 60 fpe config, swapping to .30 cal should be just the barrel and probe exchange. He mentioned I may need to tweak the hammer spring setting slightly, but that should be just tuning. The regulator should be good left alone between those two particular setups-that was one of the reasons I went that route. Other caliber exchanges likely need the reg adjusted like you're suggesting.

Guys,

In case anyone is interested, I now have 3 barrels for my HM1000x and can swap calibers easily. I documented the steps in a 'guide' and can send it to anyone who would like a copy. I can complete the swap, including removing and remounting my scope to the rail, in 7 1/2 minutes now. Super easy. Send me a PM and I'll send you a copy of the guide.

Sean

Reactions: mmahoney
"bzizzi373"This is why I bought a Crown ! Simple to change calibers, gun regulator, hammer tension, transfer port all fully adjustable to shoot any caliber. Crown .25 Smooth Twist X barrel is extremely accurate, shoots close to 1/2”at 100 yards at 54 foot pounds. Never would have believed it until I shot a Crown.
Cool-enjoy, they look like really nice guns.