• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Changed side lever to right side and now cannot fully cock Panthera

I bought a preowned Panthera 600 in .22, front and rear bottles. Came to me with a left-handed cheek piece and left hand charger lever. That was not good and I won't mention the name of the well-known seller. So it was easy to change the cheek piece, and I watched a bunch of videos on how to change it from right hand it to left-handed, and I thought I folded correctly but after the charging handle was reinstalled, the bolt would only move 3/8 of an inch or so to the rear and seemed like it was hitting some sort of stop. So it's unusable can somebody help me with this please?

Reactions: BABz58
I would remove the trigger assembly and shear, and then try cycling the action. Don't let go of the handle while your doing this! If it cycles correctly, then you have the shear in wrong or the spring is not seated on the shear. I'm assuming you installed the hammer after you had the probe all the way closed?

Last edited:
Reactions: HogKiller
First, I want to thank you for your suggestion. But I never messed with the hammer, the hammer spring, or the trigger. When the gun arrived, it was incorrectly configured as left-handed. I called the company that I bought it from and they first suggested I send it back but that would put the gun out of "action" (pun intended) for 3 weeks at least. One week each way in transit and a week to repair it. So I didn't want to do that, plus it would cost me about $100 to ship that back. They suggested that it was very easy to change over the side lever and the cheek piece. So I watched a number of videos and changed over the cheek piece, that was the easy part, and I thought that I had changed over the side lever appropriately. But then I ran into the problems that I described in my post. Moreover, when I first received the incorrectly configured Airgun, I did dry-fire a few shots to ensure that the propulsion system was functional. Of course the gun arrived with air and I topped it off after I cleaned it so before I got into the adventure of the configuration change, everything was functioning properly. Since I just received a gun I wasn't about to go into the internals beyond the side liver changeover and the cheek piece.

What would be most helpful is a short video showing the appropriate screw removal and replacement in the detail of the side lever changeover, because that's where I think it's messed up.

Now what?

WHICH set screws? The "blank" is that part that covers the opening where the levet slices into? Here's an image of what I believe that you are calling the "blank". And which screws should I remove?

IMG_6428.jpeg

IMG_6431.jpeg