• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Chairgun Pro & Strelok Pro wrong information

"blackdiesel"I did manually update the weight but I'm not sure if the B/C is updated because I put in the correct weight. I shot the owner of Strelok an email about the info so hopefully it will be addressed.
I did the same. Kept the BC the same as given in Chairgun and manually changed the weight. POI showed accurately in Sterlok. Basically even with the modified weight Sterlok showed the exact POI as I experienced in the field.

To take full advantage of ballistics apps, getting an accurate BC and having the proper scope height and other crucial info is a must if you want the data to be spot on correct. Most of us don't do that and I will admit my guilt as well.

I have been playing with so many different guns, calibers, pellets, tunes, etc, that I have just been enetering basic info and using the provided BC's. After missing targets based on chairgun data, I finally realized that I could 100% rely on chairgun for the couple of guns that I had taken the time to input all the needed info. Once I added that data for the other guns, chairgun was once again spot on for those guns as well. 

I have been using Chairgun for almost two years now and am very happy with it overall. As ajshoots noted, pay close attention to parameters such as scope height, pellet BC, and a few others and the results will be uncanny close to the real world. I use the software for several air rifles which are lined up at 15 yard indoors. Using this as a starting point, countless times I have gone from that 15 yards to consistently hitting a 12mm, 1/4" drive socket at 87 yards, or other small targets at distance. Elevation holds based on the software appear to be as accurate as the accuracy of the parameters entered into the software. I have even used the software to develop holdover points for Benjamin 347 and 392 rifles equipped with peep sights and then go on to off-hand shooting and hitting an empty barbeque-style propane tank at 125 yards. The holdover is measured in feet, but it is challenging and fun!

A few times when we have found the pellet BC's to be off in the software, we chrono the velocities to verify the correct BC.