Careful when filling

It was inevitable (& sad) that someone was injured imho. Not having all the facts surrounding that circumstance we're left to fill in the blanks & assume things. I've seen too many posts over the years about guys trying to use inappropriate HP equipment born out of eagerness to be "air independent". Always felt someone would get hurt sooner or later. This is one time I hate being right.

"Guy lost part of his leg"? What guy? Where did this info come from? This is freaking ridiculous. Pretty sure almost EVERYONE who saw the initial post assumed this happened to OP's tank. I lost the fingers on my right hand while filling last week but they're almost fully grown back, probably be 100% by Saturday. (Two stories of equal truth 🤪 )
Not cool.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
PLEASE understand that my remarks were based upon a statement that had little or no reported facts to back it up. MANY people who responded felt the same. We were left to assume too much. When the more complete story was revealed it made those responses seem callous & cruel. Once the original poster provided facts I amended my statement(s). I always knew sooner or later someone would get hurt using incorrect & inappropriate equipment. It doesn't mean I'm unfeeling or glad it happened, quite the contrary! Be SAFE people!

As word of this gets out, what New Restrictions will Alphabet org, OSHA, etc start trying to enforce?
Well the OBVIOUS solution to preventing governmental involvement and future regulation is to halt all discussion of filling your own tanks and ban sales of compressors in the classified section.

Its the only way to be sure…