• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Canadian Diana 75 Kit is here !!

JoeWayneRhea

Apr 5, 2015
So I came home today to a great surprise . The Diana ( Condor ) as its known in Canada has arrived . Ken P did an INCREDIBLE job packaging it and labeling all the parts and doo-hickies for me . Nice wood and excellent condition ....Now the fun part, putting this metal jigsaw puzzle together . Thanks again Ken....You Canadian Witch Doctor !!!!! Lol

Here is my setup. It worked perfect on a D60 and 75. All the parts you will need are shown in this .pdf The clamp in your video is the wrong type.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Nu6UixbtYRS0tJcFZweG43c0k/view?usp=sharing

That small diameter rod through the rear piston and the spring set is the key. You can literally get the rear piston in with one hand. I kid you not.

Photos of my D75 using clamp and rod combo.

The smaller blue clamp is to keep the main clamp from slipping off. You could probably use a wire tie also.

Your big headache will be the trigger assembly.

"PhatMan"JoeWayne,

I don't know if these will be of any use to you :

Have fun :)

Best regards

Russ

That chap has a couple good pointers but he is hard to understand. His second video shows him inserting compression piston in upside down.
That is opposite from how it came apart in his first video.
Me thinks he had been sippin on the jug a little that day.

Every exploded view I have found on the D75 show the teeth facing up on the front piston.
Example here

Well since Joe is a big time Diana mechanic now I guess I need to take over his ad for buying FWB300s rifles? ;) Joe pick up a motorcycle helmet with a full face shield for working on these brand X rifles! 

This story reminds me of a friend that restores older corvettes. In the 80s he got the wild idea to restore a corvair. It was a nice restore but when he was done he said it could have made thousands if he had put that much time in one of his corvette restorations. Joe can do a 300s in his sleep but had to use his time with the 75! Just proves that Canadian has out thunk Joe!

By the way Joe nice video!

Joe I know you probably have done this, but check the cogs on the idler gears and piston racks for unusual wear, cracks or chips. I had to replace both idlers on my D75.
New ones from JG Airguns on left

And... make sure the two inner springs have the closed ends facing each other so they don't wind around each other. Even though the inner tube has a tang to prevent it, I noticed it could still happen. Or you can bend a short dogleg at the very end of each spring.

Very important....The inner springs must have the closed coils facing outward toward the bottom of the pistons.
The open coil ends of the springs go inward on the center guide with the open end locking onto the swaged index in the middle of the guide....one end on each side of the index.
If the springs are put in with the open ends outward they will get pinched in the coils of the large outer spring when you cock it....this will give you a grinding-clicking sound when cocking and at discharge.
I have had to correct this on several rebuilt rifles.

Make sure you do not cock and fire the action with the rear cap off......this will snap teeth from the gears. The rear cap must be screwed on tight before discharging. You must have a small amount of "preload" on the rear piston, this is what takes some of the tension off the gears so they are in a neutral state at rest.

ART