• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Caliber change for dreamline light, which one?

Well I’ve got the itch for another rifle, but it doesn’t look like it’s in the cards. What I have got is a Dreamline light and 25 Cal with a 600 mm barrel. I was thinking of getting a 350 mm 25 Cal barrel, but I would need to invest in a 300 cc carbon fiber bottle. My other choice is a 500 mm barrel and either 22 Cal or 177 I would like to hear from owners of the 22 and 177 on their opinions. I have plenty of 22 ammo but no 177, Yet I’m kind of drawn towards the 177. Any advice or thoughts you could give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Bill

I have a Crown with the 380mm .25 barrel, I think you would be disapointed in the power coming from the 600mm barrel. It does make it short and compact! I also have the Dream-Tac Compact with the 320mm barrel. I have both the .22 and .177 barrels in that length. I also have a 500mm .22 barrel for it. The .22 500mm barrel has plenty of power and is extremely accurate. It would be shorther than your existing set-up, but still longer than it would be set-up as a compact. The short .177 barrel does quite well power wise, but I did swap the stock probe and port to the Huma Air Pin Probe and Duel Port. I have some JSB .177 slugs on back order to try in it, but it's deadly accurate with the 10.3 grain JSB, FX and AA pellets. It's shooting the 10.3 grain pellets at 893 FPS average, the 500mm .177 barrel would probably add another 100 FPS to that number. I'm assuming it would be similar with the longer .22 barrel as well. The difference between the 380mm barrel and 700mm barrel on my Crown is about 135 FPS with no other changes other than the barrel.

Reactions: Kowalski
I have the dreamline compact (220cc bottle) with the 177, 22 and 25 barrels. In my opinion all 3 calibers are great 50 yard shooters. No matter the caliber in the compact its never going to be a power house. Great 50 yard and under shooter though. I tend to favor it set up as a 177 with 10.3gr pellets for back yard plinking.. 22 or 25 if its needed for squirrel hunting or just to smack targets harder...