• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sheridan C9PB

Anyone ever seen one of these? It looks just like the 50th Anniversary model but has no Medallion in the stock and no serial number where it should be. Seller looked all over and can't find a serial number or any sign it was removed. I do not have the gun yet.
C9PB.jpg

Reactions: .20calguy
It's interesting to note that the serial numbers for the Polished Brass models are sequenced in with the Benjamin/Sheridan line. Anniversary models can be recognized by their medallion, white butt plate spacer and distinct serial numbers, which start with "5098." That hasn't always been the case, though. There has been one early production Anniversary gun with a normal serial number.
Looks like a nice one, post some more pics when it arrives.

Reactions: .20calguy
could it be an old brass one just "spit" shined ? caliber ? good looking rifle ( I would have bought it )
It's a C9A, .20 cal. Based on the safety it was made post June 97, most likely 98 as that's when the polished brass (PB designation) were produced. The lack of a SN is baffeling.

Besides no serial #, I noticed that yours has an allen head screw in the rear plug. It should be phillips head.

Here's an example of a boxed C9A Polished Brass model with a standard serial number.
View attachment 464780View attachment 464779
I also noticed mine has a chrome cap on the compression tube vs. painted that is shown on this one. I don't care about value, I'm just trying to understand what I have.

Interesting, I can’t wait to get it and give it a good look over. Wondering if it was a prototype. Don’t know how one would get out without a SN.
There were a lot that "blem's". Metal finish issues, stock less than perfect..... They were available from several sources at the time, I remember seeing them at gun shows back in the day. The sellers never mentioned that the weren't the real deal.

Pretty.
DM me and I can give you some information about that one.

I kinda keep a detailed record of the Benjamin/Sheridan line. As pretty as it is, the OP rifle doesn't appear to meet the requirements for a "Polished Brass" model's production features. Below is a list of anomalies.

1. As previously mentioned, the allen head screws used in the rear plug aren't factory.
2. The serial number is absent.
3. The front plug looks like it could be polished steel and not the factory zinc alloy.
4. In early 2000 they changed the contour of the forearm tip slightly from previous years. The forearm on the OP rifle has that updated contour, yet the last year for the "Polished Brass" Models was 1999.
5. Sheridans with the updated forearm are also stamped "Crosman Corp. E. Bloomfield, NY USA 14443". OP's has the "Benjamin Sheridan, E. Bloomfield, NY USA 14443".
6. There also appears to be some black in the stamped lettering at the front left of the pump tube. Original black finish, polishing compound., or shadows??

So, I'd also be interested in hearing more information on this one.

I kinda keep a detailed record of the Benjamin/Sheridan line. As pretty as it is, the OP rifle doesn't appear to meet the requirements for a "Polished Brass" model's production features. Below is a list of anomalies.

1. As previously mentioned, the allen head screws used in the rear plug aren't factory.
2. The serial number is absent.
3. The front plug looks like it could be polished steel and not the factory zinc alloy.
4. In early 2000 they changed the contour of the forearm tip slightly from previous years. The forearm on the OP rifle has that updated contour, yet the last year for the "Polished Brass" Models was 1999.
5. Sheridans with the updated forearm are also stamped "Crosman Corp. E. Bloomfield, NY USA 14443". OP's has the "Benjamin Sheridan, E. Bloomfield, NY USA 14443".
6. There also appears to be some black in the stamped lettering at the front left of the pump tube. Original black finish, polishing compound., or shadows??

So, I'd also be interested in hearing more information on this one.
I believe it is a C9PB. I have a 1991 C9 BS with the same front plug, look at the one a few posts up, same front plug, then there is one further up with a black plug. The one with the black plug looks to have the same forearm contour as mine and was built in 99, also the box pictures a white butt plate spacer, but the gun does not have one as mine. The other gun with the chrome plug has a white spacer and what appears to be a different forearm contour and it has a slotted rear plug screw. There is a 50th anniversary on the Bay right now that also has the black in the lettering. I do not think anyone has enough information to positively identify when this was made. It does not look like it was ever apart, not a mark on it anywhere. I also would like any information that's available.

Last edited: