• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Burris vs. Riton

Burris are supposed to be made in the USA and the Philippines while Riton and almost everything else $1200 and under China.

Did you find the Riton 3 series on sale for $123-$200? Hard to pay regular price once you see how cheap they go on sale for. Definitely Chinese based on their sale price.

Another telltale is Burris are not airgun parallax friendly like 50 yards minimum focus vs Riton 10 yards. 

A handful of savy bargain hunter shoppers here. If you search the forum in the optics section for whatever brand scope you see what members paid for theirs who like to really rub it in to others who paid full price.

Don't really need to find the best deals if you can afford to pay full price for everything though. It keeps the other busiesses... WELL...in business. 

By signing up via email notification to all places that sells scopes you get notified on super good deals. I see how cheap and low $$$ scope brands go so I know what a huge shocker their MAP prices are too.

Hard to pay their regular price once you have a taste of them really cheap.

The Ritons and Meoptas (just to name 2) go for roughly half price periodically from not as cheap dealers FYI. Can't spill the beans otherwise they may lose distributorship. You be surprised how cheap MAP dictated priced scopes can be bought even brands you never see on sale.

Sign up for newsletters they can't be published on the internet otherwise they get booted from selling them.

As a rule of thumb the scopes in general have the ability to be sold for half price pretty much all brands and dealer still makes a good profit. Be certain that the mid to high dollar scope any brand any country of origin is the one you really want.

Unfortunately I can't post HEADS UP all the crazy super cheap deals on MAP priced scopes and guns and accessories because the dealers would definitely lose distributorship for all of the brands.

What you see in plain sight doing Google search doesn't necessarily mean you pay that internet price. Many are sneaky and once you add to your cart they sometimes get cheaper. That's why you sign up for backdoor deals via email to get around MAP PRICING.

I believe only the Burris XTR scopes are built in the US (Fort Collins, CO). The XTRs have Japanese Glass from LOW. The rest of the XTR components are made in the US and assembled in Colorado. I had an XTR3 on my RAW for a while and it was a damn fine scope. Very comparable to my NF ATACRs. Same glass, and built like a tank. I ultimately decided to sell it because I decided it was just too big and heavy for the RAW, but other than that I had zero complaints with it. Mine would focus down to about 20 yards at the lower end of the power range.

I don't have any experience with the Ritons, but I know JWR thinks highly of them. If you are looking for best bang for the buck, the Arkens are an excellent value but currently hard to find and on long lead times.

They can't even post prices against MAP online. Subscribe to all places in the USA that sells scopes every single one of them some give you an in-store instant rebate in addition to price matching. Places like Cameraland to start as reference to get that $1199 Japan Athlon Cronus for Cheaper plus in store rebate on top off that.

Not everyone should buy at the cheapest prices because gotta give the mainstream businesses business too and the prices are only for people who can't afford to buy everything intended to try out.

I get insider tips too because I simply buy a lot. Thats how I knew Hawke and Athlon authorized lower prices months in advance. Athlons havemt reached their lowest price point yet.

If I was a very smart dealer I would offer a (MAP pricing restricted scope brand) and gun package option at much cheaper price to get around MAP pricing of SCOPES and or GUNS or offer them for FREE like AOA does once in a while as an incentive to buy the new guns. Say for exsmple you buy a Cricket2 from me (If I were a very good customer oriented dealer in for the long haul) and I give you an Athlon for half price or something like that if I were a very smart dealer who really cares about his customers to most certainly guarantee repeat customers buying more from me later.

if I were a very smart dealer who really cares about his customers to most certainly guarantee repeat customers buying more from me later.

That is right! I will go out of my way to support a dealer who treats customers right! If things are shady I will avoid them. A lot of dealers, not just air gun dealers do not care if they get repeat customers. Those who act like they care will get my business.

Burris are supposed to be made in the USA and the Philippines while Riton and almost everything else $1200 and under China.

Did you find the Riton 3 series on sale for $123-$200? Hard to pay regular price once you see how cheap they go on sale for. Definitely Chinese based on their sale price.

Another telltale is Burris are not airgun parallax friendly like 50 yards minimum focus vs Riton 10 yards.

Riton mod 7 is made in Japan. Their lower mods in China.

The older Burris XTR2 had the rep of pretty dismal glass but were study scopes. My 1-8 is just like this and the 5-25's I looked through were as well.

The Burris XTR3 is superior in a number of ways with nice glass and FOV! 

To put it plainly I'd own a XTR3 which people really seem to like but not anymore XTR2's.

I'm not sure Riton has a strong enough standing in the scope market to survive this C19 nightmare, so would be reluctant from a warranty standpoint to buy one personally.