• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Building a new gun up for Squirrel shooting

I spend a lot of time out shooting my sub 12 Air Arms S510 Ultimate and have had some really great results, so so accurate.
i wanted a gun that I could use for Squirrel and shoot from the shoulder, sitting or off sticks that was a bigger caliber, lighter and still sub 12
i was offered the action for a Mk1 Theoben Rapid 12 in .20 Calibre at a decent price so I bought it ... Action and Barrel only. I have since sourced a mint condition left hand stock original un molested example to fit the MK1, which I also bought. I spoke to a guy called Matt who makes some great Moderators off the Airgun Forum and he has made me a bespoke Moderator. I bought a used MTC Mamba Lite 4-16x44 scope and mounted it on the original scope mounts.
all I need to finish my build is a Fill adapter (on order from best fittings) and a trigger guard ( also on its way after having one made)
here is a pic of the gun so far
hope you like her

Adapter arrived today so I was able to fill the bottle on the gun, I filled it to 200 as per max fill and fitted it back to the gun. Filled the magazine with a few pellets I was given in .20 and fired them off.
The MattW new silencer certainly seems to do the job and it seemed to settle over the course of 12 shots.
i didn't try to scope it in or make any adjustments I just wanted to run a few shots off.
i have since cleaned the barrel thoroughly and now am waiting on the trigger guard.
i will then run it over the F1 Chrony and see what it is shooting at in ft/lb and make a decision on next steps from there