• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Budget tier FFP LPVO?

I am looking for a budget tier LPVO with a first focal plane reticle to put on a Notos. Something in the 200-300 dollar range. I spent a couple days scouring the internet and am running out of ideas. I looked at midwayusa.com, brownells, natchez, primary arms, vortex, burris, bushnell, SWFA, and a few others I can't think of rn... I don't even care if it's a BDC reticle for a powder burner, MOA, or Mils at this point. Anyone got any ideas?

Athlon helos btr 1-4.5x24 is a scope designed for service rifle matches and works well on pellet guns its a low power scope with a huge field of view and side parallax (mine will focus down to 12 feet). It's not ffp but worth a look this is my favorite scope for quick target acquisition inside 50y hunting . Paper punching outside 30y will start to get challenging but spinners and general plinking you will be fine.
399$ every day retail often on sale at cameraland or give them a call .

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWhiteBreath
I am also researching LPVOs and slowly moving up the budget ladder but for SFP; I think budget FFP can't work well enough at 1x - too dim/small reticle, according to most reviews. My only requirement, having only played around with the Victoptics S6 so far is "really true 1x" which the S6 doesn't have (I think). But the image still looks very cool through it, I can understand the attraction.

I am also researching LPVOs and slowling moving up the budget ladder but for SFP; I think budget FFP can't work well enough at 1x - too dim/small reticle, according to most reviews. My only requirement, having only played around with the Victoptics S6 so far is "really true 1x" which the S6 doesn't have (I think). But the image still looks very cool through it, I can understand the attraction.

The best budget LPVO I've looked through is the Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 1-8x24. I have seen it for sale for way less than the MSRP.

I have heard good things about the Sightmark Pinnacle 1-6x24 and it occasional goes on sale for very low prices. I think I've seen it on Amazon for $330.

Have a look on
www.overstockoptics.com

They have a few lvpo scopes listed right now.
The cool thing about them is when you click on a scope and bring it up on the screen then go to exit out you will get a pop up screen saying name your own price/make offer.
They respond Very fast with an answer, usually within a few minutes either accepting your offer or provide a counter offer.
I have bought a Ton of scopes from them, they ship Free and super-fast, no tax to boot..

Have you seen the Atibal XP6 Mirage 1-6x24 in FFP? Another one slightly over suggested budget, but brought much closer with a coupon code. Smart reticle design provides quick aiming at high and low mag. Field of view is good, tube does not obscure much of the sight picture for both eyes open shooting. Image is a bit distorted at very close range, but not a deal breaker.

This Discovery Optics 2-12×24 lpvo just came out recently. It's everything that you'll want in an inexpensive lpvo, and under $180.00. I have been putting it through it's paces, and bought a second one even. It's the smallest lpvo you'll ever find with these specs; as small as my Nightforce NX8 and has the bonus of a minimum parallax of like five yards at full power. It takes about three weeks to receive it buying factory direct.

Last edited:
Here's a write-up I did on it a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
This Discovery Optics 2-12×24 lpvo just came out recently. It's everything that you'll want in an inexpensive lpvo, and under $180.00. I have been putting it through it's paces, and bought a second one even. It's the smallest lpvo you'll ever find with these specs; as small as my Nightforce NX8 and has the bonus of a minimum parallax of like five yards at full power. It takes about three weeks to receive it buying factory direct.
Dang, that's pretty sweet!