• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BSA,Gamo Urban cocking pin fault?

I've just broken the cocking pin on my BSA Buccaneer for the third time. It seems to be a design fault as it has happened at roughly the same amount of shots each time. I believe it is breaking from the hammer falling, rather than the bolt being pulled back. After the first two times being repaired under warranty, I was going to sell the thing but it is so accurate that I decided to keep it. The first two times the bolt just came out in my hand followed by a ball and spring. this time, after taking a shot, the bolt won't open. It turns more than normal but won't come back. It has the same action as the Gamo Coyote and Urban. I am wondering if any of you guys in the states are having the same problems. I was told after the first time it happened, that they had never seen it happen before and that I should not be so heavy-handed. Since then I have been very gentle, gingerly pulling the bolt back just enough to catch the sear. Like I said, the hammer seems to be striking the pin when the gun fires as I can see the bolt handle jump after pulling the trigger. It seems to occur after a couple of thousand pellets so I'm guessing that it is fatigue that causes the breakage. BSA offers a three-year warranty on their PCPs over here so it looks like it will be shipped interstate for the fourth time at there expense since they don't have any authorised repairers here in Victoria.