• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock Compatto Bantam w/Clearidge Ultra 3-9x32

I fixed the pictures. This is the new Bantam I received a few weeks ago. Its the 177 and it now has a Clearidge scope. The 480 cc carbon fiber tank gives a huge shot count. I like the angular wood stock

I'm getting at least 150 shots per fill in 177. I forget to fill because it's an infrequent event. Nice easy to use pressure gauge and fill fitting.
Here's a review that I generally agree with:

http://hardairmagazine.com/news/brocock-bantam-lightweight-pcp-carbine-powerful-performance/ 

I think they would need to add 4" to the barrel, that's what the other makers do for 25 in many cases. One guy was complaining that his Streamline in 25 was longer than advertised and it was due to FX getting power with a longer barrel.

I point out in my original post that my 177 is actually 37" long, not the 34" advertised, but I felt there was an anomaly in the advertisement data so I knew it would be longer. I bet the UK model is 34" since they don't need the relfex unit on the end.

"blackdiesel"Look like they need to tweak the 25 cal. The 22 cal gets 30 FPE and the 25 cal only 28 FPE?
Agreed on that. .25 is going to be an abysmal seller if they don't beef it up to at least 40 FPE. 50 is kind of the standard for .25 PCP rifles, isn't it?

One other thing that caught my attention was: "slingshot hammer system on 12 FPE models" Does that mean the FAC models have the old style, or is that another typo? Is the slingshot hammer design unable to hit the valve hard enough for FAC energy levels?

Well, let's see how she goes. I'll be interested to see if you keep your S510 after receiving the Bantam. (assuming the Bantam is a good shooter)

The scope has the duplex dot reticle for simplicity.

The rifle get 900fps w/jsb 10.3gr for 18.5 fpe. low power it does 750fps for 13fpe. the medium is almost high power at 870fps.

Low power is great for basement.

The plan is to spend more time with better equipment for better shooting. I now have two nice PCPs that will get the bulk of my shooting time and a couple of cheapies. I had gotten up to 10 rifles, but none had good scopes and some were suspect on accuracy.