• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bipod for air tube

Does anybody have ideas for mounting a bipod to a 33mm air tube? I have both Atlas and Harris type bipods. I would like to mount it to the air-tube of my Walther MaximaThor because the stock is a little short and the sling stud is mounted in a very thin part of it. It is also too far forward to allow enough contact surface for secure attachment. I bought a Picatinny clamp of fleabay that was supposed to fit up to 35mm barrels but it maxes out at about 28mm.

Hi, Tom.
Thanks for the link. I am not sure that this will be suitable for a Harris type bipod. The stud hole looks to be a long way from the tube interface. At 65 USD and postage to Australia, it would be three times the price each of my bipods. I could possibly make something similar to this out of a motorcycle steering damper mount but run into the problem that the mount itself would impede the bipod mounting plate and the tube. If you have used this combination in the past I am all ears on the pros and cons. As for your offer. Thanks, heaps, I appreciate your help but I live in Australia and the logistics may be too much to expect.

Thanks again
Ian

2d90f059eebaa0e38fd39400f2134fb9.jpg

cba7a50ec74e4b46631198670bdf3ee1.jpg

Here's that setup on my Streamline and Wildcat. I also used this setup on my Verminator. I had it mounted with the Harris partially resting on the end of the stocks. I also used it further forward where the Harris had nothing except the clamp as a support base. It worked well either way. 
If you can find one down there, it might work for you. 
Good luck!
Tom