• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Biniculars with rangefinder

You might want to rethink this idea unless you have $1-2K+ laying around. I wouldn't go cheap on rangefinder binoculars. Plus almost all of them are large size binoculars to have the rangefinder feature in them. You're better off using a dedicated pair of binoculars and a carry a compact rangefinder.

This is a bit dated but you get the idea.
Rangefinder Binoculars Reviews & Field Tests: Overall Results Summary[/QUOTE]http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/...ws-field-tests-overall-results-summary/embed/

The combo binocs and rangefinder are very expensive. Most only come in the highest end brands.

I'm a bowhunter and use both devices. I do as the poster suggested, Swarovski Binoculars and Leica Range Finder. Combined price would still be about $500 less than a single unit and both of these are more portable. I just replaced the Leica rangefinder with cheaper but just as good Sig Sauer. 

I squirrel hunt in the wilds as well. I don't use my rife scope as a "spotter" because of safety reasons UNTIL I know what I'm scoping. I can follow a squirrel in my scope just fine. If I'm hunting travel lanes or mast (feeding) trees I'll pre-range them and wait for the squirrel to enter the area.

I have a range finder but I rarely ever use it when hunting squirrel. If you are using a separate device to range and then adjusting your scope before shooting, it's no surprise that the squirrel is gone by the time you are ready.

Even if you got the two in one range fiber / binoculars, I think you'd still have this issue. 

Like Addertooth said, a decent scope with good ranging would solve the problem in the best way.

As an alternate suggestion, get familiar with the area you hunt in and use the range finder to identify the distance to a few key reference points around you before you start looking for squirrels. 

Also, if you haven't already, try zeroing the scope at the most common distance you take hunting shots. Then, for any game that is within 30 yards of your zero (15 yards up or down), you can just point and shoot without worrying about the correction. 

The only time i have time to make adjustments when squirrel hunting is when I spot them just sitting still on a branch, which is not often and they are better at spotting me than I am with them (so they don't stay still for long).