• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Beware: Airgun thieves at the Royal Mail (UK)!

A couple days back I received a package of various springer replacement parts from Chambers, a UK company I've used for many years for such needs. Imagine my astonishment, when the package contained two random used books and nothing else!

The package label listed the correct airgun parts, but they were nowhere to be had. On the underside of the package was a sticker by Royal Mail, cleaved in half already at delivery, that stated something to the effect of: " …found open or damaged and…officially secured", signed off with a twirl. This had to be a scam by someone at the Royal Mail, no?

I contacted Chambers. They replied that this is the second time someone has been sent book(s) after buying airgun-related items from Chambers. Someone at Royal Mail is stealing airgun parts and switching the contents to used books! The parts I ordered totaled about 90 GBP (+ VAT and fees). The used books I received are worth maybe 10 GBP on a good day. There's the profit for the thieving scum.

I had already speculated that the thief would target deliveries to outside the UK, for a lower chance of someone taking action against Royal Mail and the thief within. This was corroborated when I learned the other victim was also not in the UK.

Chambers quickly assembled a replacement package with all the parts there. They have been exemplary through this mess. Let's just hope the same guy who stole my earlier parts is not on duty at Royal Mail Overseas Department when the time comes.

Chambers will have my case as evidence for demands towards Royal Mail.

Man, I hate thieves!

1714988401090.jpeg

1714988425695.jpeg