• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best platform for a .22 or .25 slug shooter

It kind of depends on what you are looking for the airforce condor I've heard is pretty solid for shooting slugs. There is also the FX impact and crown fx in general is one of the only manufacturers that focuses and builds barrels specifically for shooting slugs. The new airmaks katran x hp also looks extremely promising being that it has a 700mm unchoked cz barrel.

I actually heard that the hatsan nova star is incredible with slugs in 22 cal. I never shot one but saw Steve do a video on aeac YouTube channel and it looks good. I know some people always want tier 1 guns that cost like 2k and that's great. I want one too. If you just want a good slug gun it may be a great value option. Obviously I can't say that for sure tho since I've never even touched one but I've got several guns he recommended and I find he's honest and fair in his appraisal of airguns. 

That's a loaded question, as are all & why I don't usually answer but;

Raden is exactly correct. As are DAR, Disco, Rainstorms, Sam Yang.

If for just better wind bucking to 100 lightweight slugs are okay.

I personally will send 8.44 JSB pellets out 100-120 yards from a FWB300S at 596, just to see if I gauged the wind correctly, or try for 1st shot hits on a clump of dirt, corn husk, deer droppings, whatever. 
The fun is in reading the flora, mirage, my skin/sense of touch, fauna (thanks Shambozzie! Birds definitely do always take off into the wind) and especially the dry field dirt that blows & shows what's going on at target. It's up to us to read the 6 ways to Sunday in between, & tiny little 8.44 grain slow .177 565fps are a cheap fun way to learn.

As far as long range? Dedicated special for me and run tethered at same constant pressure as sight in. Eliminate every variable you possibly can. It's the only reason I have a compressor. For one stupid slug shooter otherwise I love springers and 10m airguns. Lol

You guys, God willing will see the Scandalous before Winter. I plan on filming by Fall. 

It kind of depends on what you are looking for the airforce condor I've heard is pretty solid for shooting slugs. There is also the FX impact and crown fx in general is one of the only manufacturers that focuses and builds barrels specifically for shooting slugs. The new airmaks katran x hp also looks extremely promising being that it has a 700mm unchoked cz barrel.
Love my HP Katran