• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Best PCP pistol today

My AP16 (2) is the compact version.
The receiver area is the same for both the standard and the compact. Just the barrel and cylinder is a little longer. I've forgotten by how much.

I understand that there may be a "compact" version of the Tequila Gun available in the near future, not positive. That would be a fun gun. Obviously shorten the shot count with a shorter cylinder, but not a big deal for me.

They both (AP16 and Tequila Gun) use the Colt, Government .45, grip design. The Govt. grips are a bolt on to the Tequila Gun (and the AP16). The grips (black ones) shown above are a semi-custom grip with a "palm swell" to better fill your hand.

Mike
if you happen to see the new compact tequila gun come out, please let me know.. that would really interest me 😊
if I remember correctly the attaman ap16 compact is around 12" long and the standard one is 14".. yes obviously the shorter air tube is less shots.. but if I remember correctly the attaman ap16 compact gets around 2 magazines on the regulator and the standard one gets 3..
my notos gets almost 4 magazines but the last couple shots you can tell it dropped off the regulator.. I'd be happy with 2 magazines and more compact..
I have a friend who said that he has a friend who works at Jefferson air rifle here locally that might be willing to shorten the air tube for my notos.. I got a pp700 air tube because it is shorter but it is not a lot, so I might use it and shorten it up.. it is only 1.8 CM shorter than the pp750/notos air tube..
if not I'll probably get up the courage to get a round tip boring bar and a tap and then shorten it myself.. just not comfortable doing high pressure vessels..
Mark

I have my AP16 shorty .22, setup for JSB 13.4's, shooting 700fps for 4 mags, 28 shots per fill.
They are awesome pistols. The best I've had to date, until I purchased the Huben GK1. Haven't touched it since.
I'm sure I'll get back to it once the Huben joy fads enough... lol!

And, I had just changed it's look, about a month before I became traumatized reading all about the GK1.
Anyway, here are before and after pic's of my Ataman's transition. Have fun!
Ataman AP16~03.jpg
Ataman AP16-04~01.jpg

And you can also convert them to be a very quiet and accurate carbine.

This is my .22 cal PP750 with foldable stock and Weihrauch silencer.

View attachment 449508

It's able to shoot hole in hole @ 12,5 meters all day long.

View attachment 449509

5 shot group, with JTS Dead Centre.

That stock is interesting. I like the PP750, but not a fan of the factory stock. Could you tell me more about it please.

Reactions: Tuinschutter
A search online only seems to return the carbine. Anyone have a link to the Notos 750 pistol?

Every Notos is a pistol. The buttstock is an add on from the factory.

Grip plates (plastic) can be had for $10 a pair. I made these because I like the feel of wood better.

20231231_155949.jpg

I have my AP16 shorty .22, setup for JSB 13.4's, shooting 700fps for 4 mags, 28 shots per fill.
They are awesome pistols. The best I've had to date, until I purchased the Huben GK1. Haven't touched it since.
I'm sure I'll get back to it once the Huben joy fads enough... lol!

And, I had just changed it's look, about a month before I became traumatized reading all about the GK1.
Anyway, here are before and after pic's of my Ataman's transition. Have fun!View attachment 451376View attachment 451379
is your attaman ap16 a compact? looks like it. how does it compare in length to your huben gk1? size and weight? would be nice to see them next to each other in a picture..
well if you get tired of the attaman and only want the huben gk1 let me know.. but I'd assume and hope you want both for different guns 😁
Mark

Without breaking the bank, what's the best bang for the buck on a pistol these days? Probably .22 cal, maybe .25 cal. Something I can walk around with and not alarm people when I whip it out to shoot varmints at close range.
this would depend if people were able to see you or just hear you . Varmints i would use a Marauder pistol in .22

Best PCP pistol for?

For casual plinking I like the PP750 as the trigger is not bad and the sights are close to the bore. It points and shoots well but the magazine leaves a lot to be desired so I pretty much use it as a single shot.

For general shooting, the HW44 is very accurate, is comfortable to hold, and has a great trigger. I'm right handed but particularly like the left hand cocking - it saves having to re-grip the pistol after reloading. The Weihrauch magazine system is the best there is. Tens of thousands of shots with my HW44 and two HW100 PCPs and never a problem with a double load or miss-feed.

For paper punching, the ultimate has to be my FWB P8X 10 meter pistol. Adjusted to my hand, it points exactly right and a light touch on the trigger breaks the shot without disturbing the sight picture. It's absolutely awesome for target shooting and no slouch for pesting sparrows.

Cheers!

Reactions: markhooper
is your attaman ap16 a compact? looks like it. how does it compare in length to your huben gk1? size and weight? would be nice to see them next to each other in a picture..
well if you get tired of the attaman and only want the huben gk1 let me know.. but I'd assume and hope you want both for different guns 😁
Mark
Yes mine is the compact. It's a little smaller and lighter than the GK1. I might sell it someday. Not ready yet, however I haven't touched it since I got the Huben last Xmas.
Have fun Mark!

this might be the ultimate one..if you take in the sentence, not alarm people. I just read a article last week about someone having a fit because they saw people with guns.in a boat.. however the police told them it was iguana hunters and totally legal and air guns too.. but that's not good enough because they said that it might be possible to get shot in the eye, from a long distance away..
I guess nowadays you never know.. and some people will get worried about guns even if it is ok, legal and safe.
then again I suppose they could have a problem with a slingshot.. times have sure changed..
Mark

Reactions: Genob
My Notos pistol, still not the best, but getting there. Has more power than the longer AP 16 but still way behind my GK1. I made it as I need a casual pistol for around the barn.

View attachment 463300

View attachment 463301
yours might be the best as far as a notos goes. although I think you said that you were making a poor man's attaman in another post, I'm not sure because you have put a lot of hard work into it. and it turned out really well.. I really like how it is compact like the ap16 compact. most PCP pistols are actually too long for a holster or single hand or free hand shooting.. if you counted all your machine time and design work it's probably a lot of money if you had to hire it done.
although I totally agree that if you are doing something for yourself with your own stuff it costs much less.. just a lot of time and sometimes it is just another form of entertainment and hobbies.
anyway you made a really nice gun.
Mark

yours might be the best as far as a notos goes. although I think you said that you were making a poor man's attaman in another post, I'm not sure because you have put a lot of hard work into it. and it turned out really well.. I really like how it is compact like the ap16 compact. most PCP pistols are actually too long for a holster or single hand or free hand shooting.. if you counted all your machine time and design work it's probably a lot of money if you had to hire it done.
although I totally agree that if you are doing something for yourself with your own stuff it costs much less.. just a lot of time and sometimes it is just another form of entertainment and hobbies.
anyway you made a really nice gun.
Mark
The poormans AP16 I made was for my brother, I like it so much that I decided I'll make one a little shorter since I have the standard model. Yes I put a lot of time to it, but it keeps my mind off from what I'm going through health wise. Take care Mark,