• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best long distance Air Rifle with Shot Count ? Huben k1 ver 2?

As the title suggest I am questioning the crowd for the best long distance air rifle at 125+ yards. 

So I read reviews on the Huben K1 version 2 showing this rifle shooting .22 bullets at exceptional speed and decent accuracy out to 200 yards. 
My questions are there any other rifles that use a high BC bullet with decent shot count and small FPS spread from shot to shot?

I have shot the Airforce texan in .308 but the shot count when pushing heavy bullets does not lend itself well to very many shots. Plus pushing 120 grain bullets as apposed to 35 grain .22 bullets shows up in the FPS differences due to regulated and unregulated airguns. 

I am focusing on a smaller caliber to minimize air usage and in order to reduce the FPS spread.. 

Are there any such airguns ? The huben K1 seems very difficult to get ahold of. Other airguns appear to use pellet thou accurate at 100 yards the pellet drop due to air drag appears way to high at 150 yards.
Thoughts should I stick with a powder burner ?

We are looking for the same dream gun Jaydog -> long range (200 yards and above) and an acceptable shot count.

My FX boss can hit small targets at 160 yards and surely above but the drop is massive and the use of adjustable mounts is more than welcome.

So to me bullets are mandatory to keep a "flatter" trajectory passed 150-200 yards

The best option seems to be the slayer (308 or 357) with around 10 shot counts but unavailable in Europe :/
I looked at the 308 texan but the accuracy seems to be crappy.
The issue with the huben k1 is the lack of bullet mold.

If someone find out other options available here in Europe I am ready to learn :)

There was a group buy mold for bullets for the Huben, from MP molds. I'm really happy with mine. The mold may not be in the online catalog, but availible on email inquiry. There's a thread in the ammo section.

If I'm reading Mrodair's website right, they're planning to bring more Hubens in at the end of December. Possible they will be availible through other channels at about that time. It seems Huben is not interested in saturating the market, and aims to keep production below demand, so act when the opprortunity arises.

I almost always shoot at home, so it's 30 yards max. And even though the bullets are more accurate than pellets,I mostly shoot pellets, because I have a lot to use up, and for the lower chance of mishap in a residential neighborhood. Bullets have kind of scary penetration at the power levels of best accuracy. 

I shoot bucket and sticks for practice, because that seems most representative of garden defence, my primary use. Considering my best improvement in accuracy has been training to fire between heatbeats, I'd say the gun's accuracy is not my limitation.

I don't think the brand is significant in this case. Rather selecting the right pellet weight, velocity, and shooting technique play a much bigger part in achieving long-range accuracy. I'll give you an example.

My W.A.R. Cobra in .25 caliber, shoots AirArms 25.4 grainers at ≈880 FPS. At the 100 yard, indoor range, over bean bags, it will shoot 1/2 inch groups while laying atop bean bags, and loosely held. Using the bipod and just a rear bag, the groups open up to around 1.5 inches. As a result, I don't use the bipod in the field. In any case, it is food for thought.