• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best cheap air rifle gun for target field

Hi would u help me in shopping. I'm going to go the air rifle shooting class ( 50 meters distance air gun ) and want to buy air rifle for extra practice. My budget is just 200 $ and I can't buy a good PCP even good spring piston but would u please introduce me some exact shooting air gun models from each brands like gamo ?( some air gun models because may I can't find models 1 in my country ) Thank u very much even u can help or not and I'm sorry if I have grammatical problem.

I have a Gamo ACCU177 that I purchased for $100 on sale. It is has an under the barrel cocking lever, is spring powered and has a fixed barrel. Mine is .177 caliber, and it is very accurate. They are also available in .22 caliber, but you have to search around for those because I don't think they are made any more, or at least they aren't currently listed on the Gamo website. You didn't mention what country you live in, but check Amazon or Google for prices in your country.

Another good choice is Hatsan. The Torpedo 100X has been on sale at several different website for $123.00. This is also an under lever, spring powered rifle with a fixed barrel. I have one in .25 caliber, but they are also available in .22 and .177.

Currently, Midwayusa.com and Fieldsupply.com have sales running on Hatsan air rifles. Again, not knowing what country you live in, I'm not sure if they can be exported.

JamesRifle, that is a tough one. First let me say that when I started here I did not want to spend much on air rifles. I wasn't really sure I wanted to throw a huge chunk of money into this hobby. So, to that end, I started with some very inexpensive springer rifles made by Benjamin. I did some work to enhance the trigger, and that helped. I ended up replacing the Benjamin factory provided scopes, as factory scopes are usually of a poor quality. The factory scopes also had problems with the zero drifting on them, so each day meant tweaking the zero on the scope. By the way, this is typically true of any scope which comes bundled with an airgun of any manufacture. After the critical faults were dealt with, the guns shot fairly well. Please keep in mind I started shooting air rifles in the 1960s, so I understood how to deal with the reverse recoil of springer rifles. A newbie must master the special hold most inexpensive air rifles require to be anything approaching accurate. That said, I would not take any of my springers to a match competition. The good news is there are a lot of new PCP air rifles coming out which also fit your budget (okay, you have to spend a bit more to get an air pump). Let me give one example: The Benjamin Maximus with an air pump bundled costs $350, but once you apply the "AGNATION" discount code at check out, it drops to $262. 
The link for the air rifle is here:
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifles/maximus-kit-22
​There are other PCP rifles in this price range, and they will give you the most approachable accuracy in your price range (and a bit more).
​Should you purchase the Maximus, and want to improve it, there are several aftermarket components which enhance it's accuracy even more.
​You came into the market at a good time, with several different companies introducing sub-200 dollar PCP air rifles. You just have to remember to factor in the price of an air pump, or you will be stuck with a gun which you cannot fire. 
Best of luck
Addertooth

That's not an easy thing to answer since you said "air rifle shooting class ( 50 meters distance air gun )". At 25 and even up too 40 meters you can make some less expensive air rifles do ok. But just a few yards can make a really big difference. If you could find someone that is shooting that type gun in your area, might be the best help. And maybe even find a good deal on a used one? I would ask the instructor that is going to teach that shooting class and see if they know of any used guns for sale? And that way maybe you could get a package deal on a gun and scope. Less expensive springer rifles have been known to be "less expensive scope" killers.

Good luck on your quest.