Best 25-100 Benchrest Scope for PCP

If you have a chance, go to a competition and see if you can look down some of these scopes. People can say that this is the clearest scope i have looked through, but you can never tell how good until you can compare.

The Delta Stryker 5-50 x 56 is the best scope i have owned.
The image is bright and clear at high magnification.
The turret clicks are crisp and repeatable
Small target dot with illumination
Can see .22 holes in target at 100yards
looked at the Sightron III, but preferred the glass on the Delta, however, the military discount on the Sightrons are worth looking into. Maybe the S5
10m to infinity on parallax..300cm of vertical adjustment(Huge)
They have a retical in mil and moa ...i prefer the moa for it's slightly smaller increment adjustment
The one downside is that it is a beefy scope..1100g weightand 36.3cm long, but shouldn't be a problem to a bench rifle
saving for another
Edgun west has them on his website

I am just up to replacing my long range scope from .25x700 Impact BR setup and moving it to a new F-class project 308.
This will be my next purchase for 100 M benchrest.
Floating center point.

Vortex Golden Eagle 15 - 60. I bought one a couple years ago with the dot reticle. I also have leupold target scopes that are 35x and 45x as well as a nightforce that I believe is 45x at the top magnification. I compared it to all those side by side at different distances out to 1,000 yds+. My eyes say the golden eagle beat them all in clear sight picture as well as brightness and it also has higher magnification. The turrets on the golden eagle are very solid with very audible clicks.

I second the suggestion to try and get behind as many scopes as you can. I’d really like to get time with the Athlon 15-60, but it hasn’t happened yet. The Delta Stryker 5-50 would be my recommendation as the best value scope. Comparing it to my Sightron SVSS, I would guess they use the same glass with different coatings. Very similar image characteristics. Stryker seems to do better in hazy, diffused lighting conditions, while the SVSS seems to handle intense light and mirage a bit better. To my eye the Golden Eagle falls behind both with a very washed out image under most conditions. So hard to say what you will experience, and what sample variation will add to the equation. I will note my Stryker dials accurately, but the clicks are mushy and indistinct. However, the whole travel range is useable. The SV has about half the elevation travel of the Stryker. Mine will physically dial about 74 minutes, but the image distortion on either end of the travel makes it 50-55 minutes in practice. Sightron has acknowledged that it is a limitation of their design, not a defect. The SVIII is their super high travel model. Unfortunately no first hand on that one.

Reactions: manabeknives
My guess is either Athlon would be the best value and I highly doubt one could tell a major difference in IQ compared to much more expensive scopes. Like for example my S&B 5-25 or my March Genesis both being only the slightest bit different that my ETR 10-60.

I wouldn't have even thought that was possible until I compared these scopes in some side by sides shortly after mounting my ETR. Too say the least I'm VERY HAPPY with my ETR! No way I'd spend the extra money for a high end target scope now.

Reactions: Dairyboy