• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Besides accuracy...

Left handed useage. I hate to hold a riffle with my left hand, close to the trigger, then cycle it with my right. I wonder how many accidents happen each year doing so.... If I was shooting from a rest/table and had the gun supported not an issue. When in the field shooting from a standing position is where it really matters. There is endless guns out there, I pass on many for that reason. With break barrels I like the finger flick saftey infront of the trigger. True ambidextrous riffles. Also I can't stand an auto saftey.

My single most important factor is Serviceability. Although I am a tinkerer and a fixer, I don’t have time for it these days. So when I had bought from AoA and realized I would have to pay for shipping to get warranty work done, that was a deal breaker.

So, reliability first, a dealer that I can drive to second, a relatively easy to work on gun third. 

I live in GA, so GA Airguns for me.

"fpgt72"I could care less how loud it is, I shoot center fire rifle out my back door....no one cares.
I can also shoot a powder burner without anyone caring, but shooting silently is the main draw to air rifles for me. It's great when the pellet smacking the game is louder than the report.

It depends on the purpose of the gun, if I'm looking for a woods gun, I go for compact, light weight, and quiet. Some guns just have a "coolness" factor to them and are fun to shoot, even if they don't fit any of the for mentioned criteria... 

I don't need super quiet where I'm at so I guess as long as it doesn't damage my hearing I'm good. For me comfort is huge! A gun that I can just shoulder with my eyes closed and just have it settle in and open my eyes and I don't need to move my head to see through the scope. Oh and shifting POI drives me insane so that's big to me as well. 

"Scrufhunter"Left handed useage. I hate to hold a riffle with my left hand, close to the trigger, then cycle it with my right. I wonder how many accidents happen each year doing so.... If I was shooting from a rest/table and had the gun supported not an issue. When in the field shooting from a standing position is where it really matters. There is endless guns out there, I pass on many for that reason. With break barrels I like the finger flick saftey infront of the trigger. True ambidextrous riffles. Also I can't stand an auto saftey.
Right handed here but left eye dominant, so I shoot left handed. Done so all my life and not one safety issue encountered. I also like the fact that with powder burners being able to load rounds from the right and being able to see the loading port. Some firearm rifle shooters will buy right bolt actions with the loading port on the left to enjoy this feature. Bill

The conditions and use for the rifle should dictate the type of rifle you buy. Whether for hunting or bench shooting the particulars of power, weight, length, magazine capacity, air reservoir size so on and so forth will guide you to your choice. Of course the better quality of rifle you can afford the better off and more satisfied you will be with your selection. I am always amazed when someone will ask for a rifle recommendation then gives little or no information for its use. Bill

Well, we've danced around the issue, but haven't nailed it—think trigger group!

My WAR Cobra sports a Timney Clavin Elite trigger group. The weight, pull, and setoff is consistent, and very crisp. I suspect it is better than any other in-house designed assembly. I believe this, if for no other reason, than what I've read within these pages. 

If there is any other feature I would like to see (trigger-wise), it would be a single set trigger group.