• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin’s new rifle

Looks Awesome!
I've been looking at all the newer low cost pcp rifles coming out and have been on the fence about which one to buy. Want something light to carry for all day rabbit hunting and this looks like the ticket. 
Not fond of bottled guns because of the bulk and weight. (Gauntlet)
Like was said above with a stock and trigger change this would be sweet!!!!

Keep us posted...
Oh yah I'm the new guy!!!

Ignore the picture.
Happens every year these day's, not released product that IS supposed to appear after the SHOT show, dealers are givin the heads up for there catalogs & such and ANY pic is used and they are not really supposed to be live ion the site ( catalog) untill release date.. Note grab a gun saying picture may not ..... .

Keep checking 2018 catalogs, there are several more airgun names but you really have to wait to see what they are.

John

I also suspect it's an vendor jumping the gun, and advertising it a bit ahead of schedule. Maybe Crosman will announce it early since the word is already out. Pyramyd and Airgun Depot may already have them or expect them in the warehouses shortly. Maybe our friends at AEAC have one and are under an NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement). All sorts of things to speculate about. I'd sure like to see a review!

At 90 shots and 900 FPS, it's a full powered gun, and it must be regulated to get that many shots. Direct competitor for the Gauntlet. Hope the trigger isn't mush, and it can hold good groups at 50 and 75 yards. To bad AEAC probably can't say anything about it till it's released.

Oh well, that's what I get for being on the bottom of the food chain.

Midway says "coming soon"

085ac2579aca93a5d3ec6f97bcdfde36.jpg

"Eaglebeak"Have a look at the size of that air-tube. It doesn't look much larger than the shroud. Regulated or not, to get 900fps and 90 shots in .22 from an air-tube that big is a pipedream!
Actually PA says 800fps (in .22)
If the tube is 135cc (let's say 120 due to reg taking up space) and filled to 3000psi - if the reg is set at 1000psi (should be plenty to get 13.5fpe in .22) and the gun is tuned to 800fps using the 9.5g Crosman SSP pellets that would equate to an efficiency of 1.2fpe/cuin. That should be easily attainable.

"BigTinBoat"
"Eaglebeak"Have a look at the size of that air-tube. It doesn't look much larger than the shroud. Regulated or not, to get 900fps and 90 shots in .22 from an air-tube that big is a pipedream!
Actually PA says 800fps (in .22)
If the tube is 135cc (let's say 120 due to reg taking up space) and filled to 3000psi - if the reg is set at 1000psi (should be plenty to get 13.5fpe in .22) and the gun is tuned to 800fps using the 9.5g Crosman SSP pellets that would equate to an efficiency of 1.2fpe/cuin. That should be easily attainable.
I see that PA add now. I was referring to a previous post that stated it was a full power 900 fps rifle. I assumed that that ment 30 fpe which would probably require at least 400 cc. Silly me.

Re: "First question would be is “Can you still get Gen 1 triggers?” If so how much? If $75 then this gun with trigger would by $374 and you have to put the trigger on. Question would be why not just get the MRod for $404?"

Easy answer for me: Weight and feel. I have had both a Maximus .22 and a MRod .22. I didn't like the weight or the heavy feeling MRod or the feel of the flat bottomed stock on the MROD. The Max, on the other hand, is so light and easy to hold. As I am not a bench rest shooter, these things matter to me. Hopefully the Fortitude will be as easy to tinker with as the MAX.

I guess we will all see, and read about, soon enough!