• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BenjaminDiscovery air leak?

Noah, when you say the gun is leaking out of the breech, are you saying that the air is leaking up into the barrel through the transfer port? If this is the case, the likely cause is that the hammer is pushing the valve open. Try cocking the hammer and fill the gun. After you have 500psi in it, you can "decock" the gun by holding the bolt while you fire and letting it down easy.

Is this the gun you won from me last year?

Follow Chip's advice and give Crosman a call. They are well-known for having exemplary customer support. They will ask the right questions, and determine if the issue is one you can fix yourself, or if you need to send it in. If you need to send it in, Crosman's turn-around time is very good. I know this because they serviced my Marauder back in 2010 - long before I had established myself in the airgun world. (My point is that no one could claim I was getting "speacial" treatment, because Crosman didn't know me from adam back then :)).

Mine did this, and the best way I can explain it is: your valve is stuck open and wedged open. Try pulling the bolt back and fill, while it is letting air out release the hammer with no pellet in the chamber, or dry fire it. It should stop the constant release of air, and let one major air burst out(the shot). If it continues to slowly leak apply oil behind the bolt and let it seep down to the valve and hammer. Then bein filling and continue dry firing until the leaking stops. I also need to warn you that if you don't continue to keep that valve oiled then it may dump the entire cylinder of air when you are out in the feild. It makes for a very long and disappointing walk back to the truck or camp.