• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Titan .22 loud pop!

This is a brand new rifle. Was sighting it in and all was good. After sighting it in I wanted to adjust the trigger. Turned it 1/4 turn aimed at the ground and went to pull the trigger. The trigger had the wall I wanted so I pulled for the 2nd stage and it was very hard to pull like the trigger was jammed. So tried it again and pulled hard and it fired. It was loud like a .22 rimfire rifle. Scared the piss out of me because I wasn't expecting it. So I tried again and it was normal. Has anyone encounter this before? Should I send it back to Amazon? Thanks for your help.....

Update: What was happening was the barrel was not latching properly. When I shot the barrel would brake loose. It happened 2 more times after that. I make sure now it's locks before I shoot. Guess being new it takes little more force to lock it into place. But it still shoots well! Getting tight groups dead center with a rifle vice and happy. We have a bad varmint problem with raccoons and squirrels. Have two very large pecan 70 foot trees that hover the house both sides and the squirrels are in my attic. Raccoons get in my trash and on top of my Mustang and make a mess! Possum are around too but they really don't bother. Possum eat ticks and are like garbage control. Ok y'all have a good New Year. Not for the coons and squirrels! lol

"AK47MAN"It sounds like you need a good 17HMR or 22 Magnum for your vermin pest control around your
house. One shot one kill with those calibers. I have two Savage rifles in both of those calibers.
Both of those rifles have Tasco 6x24x44 scopes mounted on them. Very accurate..!!
Your Titan is good for squirrels and maybe coon head shots. Happy New Year..!!....AK
I have a 10/22 with a 3-9x40mm scope but I have neighbors that are 75 yard out either direction. One suggested to me to get a break barrel .22 rifle. So when shopping for one came across the Titan with a $100 price tag from Amazon. Went to Crosman website and on the suggestion tag it showed small pest,small game,and a pic of a raccoon for varmints. Thats why I got it and plus the great review the rifle has. Have to say its a great rifle and will be on the hunt tonight for coons (scope has a flash light mount) and squirrels in the morning. 30 yards will be my furthest shot for them. Be safe and have fun tonight!