• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Recharge

I bought 2 used ones from an auction. Put a little food coloring in each reservoir and turned them on. The first one got full circulation but had some white stuff floating around. The other had a blockage and also white stuff floating around. Located the blockage in the return line at the brass fitting at the bottom of the reservoir. Drained the water with a large syringe connected to a tube. Removed the brass fitting and it was clogged with white stuff!. Cleaned it out and replaced the brass fitting and line. Drained the other compressor and filled them both with vingar and ran the cooling systems for 10-15 minutes( both had white stuff floating in the resrvoir) and let it sit overnight. Used the syringe on both resrvoirs the next day to suck up loose white stuff in the reservoirs. This was a little time consuming as you need to top the reservoir, run the cooling systm briefly and continue the process several times until you are happy with the results. Next time instead of using the syringes on the final step, I might disconnect the return line at the brass fitting on the reservoir and run that line to a pail. Connect a small piece of hose to the brass fitting and clamp with a binder clip to prevent water escaping thru the brass fittting. Add water manual as the cooling system is running. This should flush out the cooling system.

Hope this all makes sense! Note: Run ONLY distilled water. Use good quality oil. Why people want to add antifreeze or wetter water is beyond me.

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

Warlord,
Sounds good so far, let us know how they do filling. Not sure if cooling water ever comes in contact with aluminum on the Recharge, Biohazardman, a knowledgeable member regarding high-pressure air compressors, offers interesting information regarding distilled water. Upper right corner of page, search, "distilled water," using "Biohazardman" in member block. Best of Luck, WM

@worried man
I think it is safe to assume the water comes in contact with the aluminum.
Found this on line. "The most critical factor to protecting aluminum within a water system is maintaining pH within the stable range for aluminum. Aluminum forms a naturally protective barrier of aluminum oxide on the metal surface, but this oxide film is only stable in a pH range of approximately 4.0 to 8.5." So, I will check the PH of the water and if need be, adjust the PH. Vinegar for PH down and baking soda for PH up. Will do that later today and post the results.

Reactions: WorriedMan
I used PH strips dipped into the reservoir and it read a low PH due to using vinegar. Rather than play around with baking soda, I decided to do a complete flush with tap water and did this 4-5 times. Next, I filled with distilled water. While the case was off, I replaced the filters in the cylinder below the pressure gauge . Not sure if it is one or two filters but will find out. Next a fill test.

SCBA 45 minute tank filled from 3000psi to 4000 psi in 16 min 15 seconds. Start temp. was 10 Celsius and finish temp was 54.7 Celsius. After shutting off the compressor but with the cooling system still running for several minutes, the temperature was below 25C Corection for the post above...the automatic timer shutoff is 40 minutes not 30 minutes

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG